This is the career you’ve been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you’ll get the unique chance to impact some of the world’s most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Related Discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years technical experience in reliability/test lab/quality discipline in a new product development environment with electro-mechanical devices
- Prior new product development experience is a plus
- Trained in the use of Six Sigma tools and techniques (i.e., Six Sigma Green Belt) such as: design of experiments (DOE), statistical process control (SPC), and gage repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R).
- Ability to Work with Cross-Functional and Culturally Diverse Teams.
- Excellent Communication Skills. Highly Motivated and Hands-On person that takes Ownership of Results
Reliability Engineer, you’ll be part of our Global Tools & Storage (GTS) team located in Southington, CT. The role of the Reliability Engineer is to represent the Voice of the Customer for all quality related activities in product development and responds to market. This person will gather costumers’ expectations and validate that our products meet or exceeds these expectations.
- Establish, with the product teams, qualification test plans with Product Teams to ensure product meets customer CTQ’s
- Define Application Based Product Testing Procedures and Methods and their corresponding Product Reliability Targets
- (Collect and Summarize Product Reliability Data using Statistically Valid techniques.
- Drive FMEA Process early in the Design Phase to Optimize Design and Mitigate Risk.
- Participates in design safety reviews during the NPD process to ensure product meets all requirements.
- Correctly applies the reliability/quality science to assure new product quality goals are achieved irrespective of schedule pressures & cost.
- Identification of High Warranty Products for Product Teardowns, Route Cause Assessment and ensuring corrective action resolution
- Problem Resolution Leader: Product and Issue Priorities, Product Resolution Plans and Tracking, Resolution Confirmation
- Travel Required: 15-30% Domestic & International
Benefits & Perks
You’ll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You’ll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you’ll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that’s how the best work gets done. You’ll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You’ll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.