- Master’s degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, or a related engineering/science field.
- Twelveyears or more of relevantenvironmental workexperience.
- Strong National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) experience,including Environmental Impact Statements (EIS), environmental compliance background (to includeair quality) and experience conducting environmental site assessments.
- In-depth technical knowledge of environmental engineering and management concepts.
- Prior military or Federal consulting experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication and computer skills.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license and/or other relevant professional credentials are preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to successfully obtain (or possess an active)DoD Secretsecurity clearance.
- Ability to work in the field, work outdoors, and lift 60 lbs.
Executeenvironmental policies, studies and analysis, as well as oversee the management of environmental activities,including NEPA-related to DoD system testing, and facilities planning, design, construction, operation and sustainment. The ideal candidate selected for this position must be able to lead teams to solve environmental problems and issues, as well as provide direct supervision and guidanceto support teams.
This position is based in Huntsville, Alabama. However, extensive travel (2-4 weeks at a time)may be required for specific project work throughout the United States and abroad.
About the Firm
Mabbett, established in 1980, provides integrated multi-disciplinary EH&S, and architectural-engineering design services. For 38 years, Mabbett has delivered value-added professional services to Federal, state and local agencies and industry, and commercial enterprise. Mabbett is a US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE), verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts with regional offices in New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Virginia. The firm is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The firm has been experiencing significant growth in the Federal and privatesectors, including biotechnology, healthcare, and academia. In 2018, Mabbett was named the 42nd fastest growing company in Massachusetts; the 32nd fastest growing company in the architectural, engineering and environmental sector in the USA; and was named to Inc. magazine’s list of the fastest growing companies in America for the 4th time.
Mabbett offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, including: Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical insurance; Delta Dental insurance; 401(k)plan with a company match; profit sharing retirement plan; performance and year-end bonus programs; group life, short and long-term disability, and travel-accident insurance, professional development programs and much more.
To submit resume for consideration, please click "apply" button below. No telephone calls please.