Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Are you a geologist looking for any of the following?
- Challenging projects where you learn something new every day,
- A collaborative environment,
- An established environmental firm with a network of highly-skilled geologists, engineers, and scientists, and
- An opportunity to build your career where you are valued and can choose your career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Geologist with 6 to 12 years of experience in the environmental consulting field. The ideal candidate is looking for new challenges and wants to work with teams on large and interesting projects.
You would be a member of a team providing environmental consulting services ranging from site investigations to remediation projects. The key responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Project/Task manager for field projects, including coordinating permitting, subcontractors, field staff, and laboratories
- Oversee staff performing field work (logging soil borings, overseeing groundwater monitoring well installations, and collecting soil, groundwater, surface water and sediment samples, as well as documenting field activities)
- Perform occasional field work, including site visits, managing subcontractors, overseeing groundwater monitoring well installations, well and aquifer pumping tests, as well as documenting field activities.
- Field projects may also include oversight of remediation subcontractors during remediation activities, such as pilot studies and routine operations and maintenance
- Manage projects and ensure projects are performed safely, on time, and within budget
- Interpret data and test results
- Draft reports documenting investigation (or remediation) activities
- Prepare scopes of work, schedules, and cost estimates
- Ensure effective client and regulatory agency communication and relations
- Technical review and mentoring of junior staff
- Follow company safety standards, site safety standards and provides all required permitting
- Willingness to travel occasionally to project sites throughout California and the West Coast
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Geology or other related technical field
- Licensed Professional Geologist in the State of California
- 10+ years related experience, including soil logging, environmental sample collection, well installation, and subcontractor management
- Strong Project Management skills in meeting scope, schedule and budget
- Strong Business Development skills in lead development, proposal writing, cost estimating and winning work
- Experience with Bay Area and California Regulatory Agencies regarding environmental assessment and remediation of soil and groundwater.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
- Computer proficiency (including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong technical writing skills
- Demonstrated verbal communication and technical presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with the ability/desire to lead tasks
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to occasionally work more than 8 hours per day when necessary for project success
- Ability to read, interpret and apply information on State and Federal technical guidance, and regulations, and compliance determinations
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Must have valid, current Driver’s License (CA preferred) and must have access to vehicle to visit project sites
- MS degree in Geology, Environmental or Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related technical field
- Licensed Certified Hydrogeologist (CHg) in California
- Coursework or practical experience in sedimentation/stratigraphy, hydrogeology, and chemistry
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to drive large pick-up truck
- Ability to use hands to operate field equipment
- Close, distance, and peripheral vision; normal auditory function
- Must complete employment physical demonstrating ability to meet job requirements, including the ability to wear a respirator, as required
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.