Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) has an opportunity available for a Senior Environmental Health and Safety Professional to support our private sector, local, state and federal clients. This full-time position will report to our Washington, DC area office in Chantilly, VA.
Wood, a renowned global program management, engineering and environmental consulting and construction firm, is seeking highly motivated individuals to work in our Environmental Services and Compliance practice. Wood is looking for outstanding candidates with strong credentials and a passion for client service, who enjoy working for a team.
The candidate will provide technical evaluation and implementation for various environmental, health and safety programs and deliverables, including hazardous material surveys and assessments. The candidate must be an accountable self-starter with an ability to work independently and support project teams. This position provides an excellent opportunity for growth and professional development.
Provides services to clients in the areas of:
- Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Programs
- Industrial Hygiene
- Environmental Compliance
- Technical assistance with environmental and safety regulatory programs in various industries
- Asbestos/mold/lead assessment and surveys
- Provide in-house and external EH&S training
- Other related EH&S programs
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Policy, Science, Engineering or related field required; Master’s Degree desirable
- 5+ years of experience in environmental/safety consulting, with emphasis on health and safety compliance, and hazardous material management
- Professional certification, such as CIH or CSP, is highly desirable Certifications for hazardous material surveys and assessments (asbestos, lead, etc.) in DC, MD and VA are a plus
- Significant knowledge of and experience with industry specific software (e.g., MS Office, AutoCAD and MS Project) required
- Ability to work independently and interface with clients
- Demonstrated task and project management skills
- Demonstrated maturity in judgment, initiative and client relations
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Completed 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training and annual refresher course
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- This full-time position will report to our Washington, DC area office located in Chantilly, VA - Some travel is required to various locations within the mid-Atlantic
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.