Position will be in Tampa
Department:Estimating - Tampa, FL
Reports to:Chief Estimator
Provide and coordinate full estimating services on large, complex work and all types of contracts.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc., into unit and man hour figures.
- Review project plans, requirements, proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Analyze all bid documents and assess project risks.
- Review accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Prepare bid packages.Compare and evaluate competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Provide complete conceptual (or bid work) and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Assist with technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for assigned bids.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
- Track awarded contracts as required - may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, procuring materials, preparing subcontracts, etc.
- Perform additional assignments as directed.
- Thorough (10 years) experience in construction estimating for private and public work sector.
- Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts, plus ability to coordinate and supervise group work efforts.
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Design Build projects desired, but not required.
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify risk factors and cost saving opportunities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Highly motivated and dedicated to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, HCSS HeavyBid software, Primavera P6 required; knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.