Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Estimator to support the Capital Projects Group (CPG) that performs large remediation construction projects for multiple business sectors. This position will provide estimating, scheduling support, and bid solicitation support for government and commercial opportunities. The position will report to the Estimating Manager for CPG.
Job location: Candidate will work out of the Kennesaw, GA office preferably, but other office locations will be considered.
Primary duties will be receiving request for proposals and performing multiple functions to deliver a cost estimate that complies with internal and external procedures. The role and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Receive, review, and segregate request for proposal into biddable sections internally or externally
- Generate scope responsibility matrix that defines who is performing what on the project
- Using OST, perform quantity take-offs and perform other calculations to arrive at biddable quantities
- Using Excel, RSmeans, and/or Sage Sequel Estimating software; perform estimating function to arrive at estimate within accuracy requirements for that level of estimate
- Using various databases, determine crew and production levels to support estimate
- Assist with subcontractor list generation, writing statements of work, solicitation, and bid analysis
- Maintain record of all correspondence and costs associated with estimate
- Assist Project Controls Specialist with schedule setup and durations
- After contract award, work with PM to transition project from opportunity to execution
- During project execution, support PM on change order and estimates to complete the project
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related discipline
- 10+ years environmental remediation estimating experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with RSmeans, OST, and Sage Estimating
- Strong interpersonal skills, creative solution and problem solving skills
- Willing to travel on an as needed basis
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.