Requisition ID: 78980
• Develop complete estimates for very large, complex jobs.
• Train and mentor younger estimators in the preparation estimates.
• Review estimates prepared by other estimating groups or JV partners to determine data completeness and procedures; aid in resolving differences in bid items
• Use recognized engineer techniques and procedures to conduct estimates and adhere to standard company policy and
• Must be capable of handling major technical problems encountered during bid preparation.
• Stay current on various trends and developments such as new equipment, methods, and procedures developing in the industry or specialized discipline (e.g., mechanical, electrical, etc.).
• Prepare special studies or reports required by the unusual nature of some bid items or conditions.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or construction-related tech¬nology, OR extensive and related work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities described above
• At least seven years’ experience in a related role
• Extensive knowledge through demonstrated experience of heavy industrial construction, es¬pecially gas-fired combustion turbine power plants
• Strong attention to detail; strong communication, interpersonal, leadership and team-building skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to perform duties in wide-ranging physical and climatic conditions, heights and negotia¬tion of complex stair structures
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment:Estimator, Engineer, Electrical, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Finance, Engineering