C. S. McCrossan is a diversified highway/heavy civil general contractor, which provides construction infrastructure services to federal, state, county and municipal transportation departments. We are committed to managing our resources for the benefit of our clients and employees, and providing the highest standard of quality and safety in the completion of our projects. Our innovative approach in both construction and project management has yielded successful partnerships with government and private agencies. We value collaboration and cooperation and believe in extending respect and courtesy to everyone.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 5 years estimating, 5 years management
- Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialty: Commercial, Industrial
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The senior estimator will manage and coordinate company estimating activities. This position will utilize their own knowledge and experience, as well as that of the company s Division Managers, Contract Managers, Project Managers and engineering support staff.
- 4 year Civil Engineering/Construction Management degree or equivalent combination in technical training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years estimating, scheduling and highway/heavy construction experience.
- A minimum of 5 years management experience.
- A thorough knowledge of standard construction specifications, including Mn/DOT Standard Specifications, and proficiency in reading and interpreting plans.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, familiarity with equipment use and thorough knowledge of the circumstances and conditions that affect costs.
- Experience with Alternative Procurement and writing proposals
- Business Acumen - Demonstrated experience/knowledge of construction operations, highway/heavy equipment use, financial acumen, and purchasing required. Advanced knowledge of, adherence to, and enforcement of construction industry safety policies and practices
- Leadership – Ability to provide work leadership for project team, delegation of appropriate tasks, keep work group motivated and engaged in work and demonstrate company values to meet company and project goals and objectives.
- Communication - Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including the ability to facilitate meetings, make effective presentations, and write proposals.
- Computer literacy - expert knowledge of Company software for estimating, job cost and scheduling
- Team Work - Ability and willingness to work with, coordinate, and cooperate with other departments/divisions of the Company. Ability to work cooperatively with other estimating staff to produce a competitive, accurate, mistake free bid and function as lead estimator
- Adaptability and Flexibility - Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities and tasks with attention to accuracy and detail and adjust to changing priorities.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Proven ability to develop and implement innovative techniques and develop workable problem resolution with risk balanced decisions.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively work with, coordinate with and cooperate with other departments/divisions of the company to manage and coordinate the preparation of estimates using contractor s software package, company s cost history and manager s own experience.
- Manage the estimating function through all phases – including review of plans and specifications, quantity takeoff, crew selection/productivity, vendor and subcontractor quote management – using company guidelines for overhead and margin. Activities include but are not limited to the following.
- Development of construction methods
- Development of construction schedule
- Assessment of risks for contingency
- Quantity verification
- Safety planning and assessment
- Cash flow forecast
- Pricing of work based on construction methods chosen and project schedule
- Receive Supervisor authorization on all bids
- Review and ensure bid accuracy and completeness.
- Assists in representing company s interests in negotiations with joint venture partners or owners on projects of significant size or unusual scope.
- Estimating staff
- Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested by supervisor.
- Assist in developing company safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure employee understanding and compliance with company safety procedures.
- Develop and train employees and manage the department functions.
- May require travel.
- Workload fluctuates seasonally and will require extended hours, including weekends during the busiest periods (typically April through November).
- May assist in formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Company safety requirements, policies and safety training.
Thank you for your interest in this position with C. S. McCrossan. To submit a resume and cover letter, please click the apply button above.
C. S. McCrossan