Senior Estimator | NYC Hi-Rise Building Construction
Architect, Engineer, or construction professional
Building amazing spaces for over 45 years. Over and over again, superlatives such as this describe a family of construction companies like no other. With offices throughout the US, they provide a complete range of services, from site selection analysis, design constructability review and aesthetic enhancements to interior fit-outs, new building construction and building infrastructure upgrades and modernization. Regardless of the project size or scope, their commitment to their client's vision comes first and foremost, enabling them to set new standards in building efficiency and sustainability; in employee wellness and productivity; all goals are reached, whatever they may be. Considered to be on the leading edge of construction management, using virtual tools to reduce project costs and schedules, improving speed, able to remain fully adaptable throughout the entire process.
Conduct construction estimating, budgeting and bidding for assigned projects. Interact with the architects, clients; business development and operations staff to ensure a clear understanding of project objectives, schedules and other information. Develop hard bids or negotiated work pricing proposals in response to specific proposal requests. Obtain all needed cost information from reliable subcontractors and material suppliers to meet project requirements.
5 to 10 years of general construction estimating experience of hi-rise or base building projects in NYC. NEED SEVERAL!!!!
- Well-developed estimating, communications, financial analysis, budgeting and computer skills required
- Review plans and architectural drawings; preparing quantity take-offs as required
- Identify items that have been omitted, and ensure appropriate accounting for such items in overall estimate package that represents the full scope of the project
- Share information about reliable subcontractors and suppliers with other estimators
- Solicit subcontractor bids for assigned projects
- Follow approved estimating practices consistent with corporate guidelines.
- Maintains current information on trends and changes to existing construction codes
- Utilizes appropriate software programs to calculate, record and track estimates
- Provides change order pricing, site visits, bid delivery and team collaboration
- Prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data for cost reductions.
Bachelor's degree in Construction Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, please attach your resume and portfolio samples using one of our Application options on the webpage above - 1) Apply By Email Without Registering, or 2) Apply By Creating/Using Your Account. Or you can send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Refer-a-Friend Program
Increase in salaries:
We have a proven track record of negotiating above-market salaries for our permanent placements
Josh Rabbani, email@example.com
Bob Giangrasso, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexandra Dralyuk Sauchik, email@example.com