Are you a senior estimator/project manager looking for a chance to make an impact and have your voice heard? Do you want a dynamic career with unlimited growth and opportunity? Do you have experience working with commercial clients and accounts?
The Senior Estimator/Project Manager is responsible for both planned production (bid work) as well as emergency response projects assigned to them. You will work in conjunction with Area Managers, senior leadership, and business development personnel to successfully estimate, sell, plan, and execute projects of all shapes and sizes from $2,000 to over $2MM. This position is extremely dynamic and requires a core understanding of commercial estimating and project management. The successful candidate will be able to interface with and listen to client requests then provide creative solutions to by utilizing available resources or creating new resources to fulfill project requirements.
The Senior Estimator/Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple aspects of the jobs from start to finish including project estimation, production scheduling, high level client, key stakeholder, and subcontractor communication, as well as final billing at the completion of all jobs. The Senior Estimator/Project Manager is ultimately responsible for developing new opportunities as well as producing projects brought in by our business development colleagues.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Commercial Experience- must understand and be familiar with general commercial construction materials and assemblies, specifically high rises and office spaces. Must understand the challenges of working in commercial facilities with property managers, engineers, security, etc.
- Estimation- Must understand multiple estimating disciplines such as computer estimation programs, subcontractor bids, Time & Materials estimating, etc. Must be able to assemble bids and create turnkey proposals for clients
- Subcontractors- Must be able to build relationships with Strategic Partners while holding them accountable to their scope. Must understand that our success depends on our Strategic Partners and Subcontractors!
- Emergency Response- Must be able to operate in a 24/7 environment where immediate response is the difference between a successful job and a failed account. Must be able to travel to inspect and/or participate in regional project management as required.
- Collaborate- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues, employees, subcontractors, and clients. Exceptional teamwork and communication are imperative to the success of this position
- Problem Solving- Must be able to provide proposals and estimates for new areas of disaster management/construction without prior experience. Must be able to research, understand, and consult with Subject Matter Experts to estimate and solve our client’s issues
- Understanding of Emergency Response and Environmental services (Water, Fire, Mold, Asbestos, etc.) as well as general construction (flooring, drywall, insulation, millwork, etc.)
- Scheduling flexibility and the ability to “drop everything” in response to urgent client requests
- Extremely courteous and professional client interaction
- Ability to support detail-oriented operations while collecting required job documentation as needed
- Ability to apply creativity to balance job requirements with client requests
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually without direct supervision
- Ability to act as an account representative to a portfolio of local, regional, and national clients
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors, customers, and other supporting assets
- Extreme ownership of all assigned responsibilities
- Clean driving record
- Use time management skills to coordinate multiple projects/competing priorities at once
- Use people management skills to communicate to subcontractors and labor as needed
- Use project management skills to monitor, follow-up, and direct job standard performance
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of Property Claims Insurance
- Advanced IICRC Certifications- ASD, CDS, AMRT, etc.
- Existing commercial clients/contacts/relationships
- Existing subcontractor network
- Experience with commercial HVAC systems
While the demands from this role can be high, so can the benefits! This position is ideal for an experienced professional looking for the opportunity to utilize and develop their full potential into career goals. The position will provide high level exposure to Executive Management, Engineers, and other key decision makers. Manage commercial disaster response and environmental projects first hand while having the ability to develop your organization! Our company offers competitive wages based on experience as well as full benefits. Importantly, we are a growing company with enormous opportunity to contribute to the development of new business sectors and accounts while in addition to multiple growth opportunities.
- Preferably located in or around Atlanta, GA
- This position may be remote for the right candidate
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company vehicle, laptop, and phone
- Paid time off
- The ability to effect change