We are currently seeking a skilled Senior Estimator/Project Manager who is goal-oriented and self-motivated. The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining client and vendor relations and performing a variety of tasks, including scheduling, Estimating and Project Managing of new construction projects, re-roofs, and TI's, time management, etc . The ideal candidate will have experience working in a busy environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing where required.
· Identify, research and document potential clients
· Identify evaluate and document potential opportunities
· Track, manage, prioritize and develop win strategies for potential opportunities, ensuring they meet AAA Roofing by Gene’s objectives and targets
· Develop relationships and structure teaming and contract terms with customers
· Actively participate and assist with Qualifications and Proposal development
· Actively participate and assist with internal processes and approvals as necessary for bidding
· Think outside of the box to offer clients new approaches, ideas and strategies suited to AAA Roofing by Gene’s strengths
· Participate in negotiations
· Help define and close partnerships, contracts and final terms and conditions
· Become a member and be active with multiple relevant organizations in the region
· Promote AAA Roofing by Gene’s identity and brand
• Display, promote and conduct senior management attitude and professionalism consistent with values and strategic goals of the Company
• Display, promote and conduct hard work ethic, integrity and pursue excellence
• Manages client interactions and expectations in a supervisory role
• Fully comprehend the history of the project as it relates to business development and estimating, uploading information from staff of these departments and reviewing all design meeting minutes prior to engaging project. Including reviewing projects with estimating, including profit, loss, timing project scope plans and specifications
• Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources
• Minimizes exposure and risk by implementing and audits safety standards
• Coordination of subcontractors working on various phases of multiple projects
• Oversees performance of all projects and reviews drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed and are consistent with the contract documents.
• Supervises field employees on projects.
• Reviews all contracts and purchase orders for subcontractors and suppliers before sending to sub and before execution to insure budget compliance and scope coverage.
• Manages operational and tactical aspects of multiple construction projects in a supervisory role
• Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, project costs, and project schedule
• Manages and achieves revenue goals set for projects
• Monitors internal and external project reporting through company software
• Reviews all changes in project scope and ensures appropriate measures are taken
• Communicate with corporate admin for billing, payroll, close out documentation proposals, and changes on projects
• Review all change orders before issue and before execution by owner
• Evaluate, train and educate staff to ensure project teams are operating above industry standard that the team members have motivating incentive toward promotion or additional responsibility, and that underperforming staff is reprimanded, or terminated if necessary. Make recommendations to HR Manager and President for staff promotions or transfers.
Job Skills & Abilities Guidelines
• Good understanding of the building construction market
• Good knowledge of the larger design firms and regional contractors who have operations in the regions
• Demonstrated business development skills and experience
• Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, including but not limited to Microsoft Office products
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentially at all times
• Ability to understand and follow detail direction
• Ability to work on/manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Innovative thinker and constantly thinking ahead
• Functions effectively as part of a team
• Closer and effective negotiator
• Good time management skills and organization skills
• Education and/or Experience
• Required experience, skills and competencies include a bachelor's degree (preferable). Candidates should possess the technical and business awareness, capability and understanding of the building construction market.