More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
We are looking for Principal Developer in our Corporate technology team, Candidate will be responsible for implementing and supporting various enterprise applications at E*TRADE Financial. Activities include ETL, data integrations, and Axiom configuration. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who can drive decisions through consensus in a fast pacing environment. This is individual contributor role with significant engineering ownership in complex server side applications, including new feature work, improvements on existing code, and active participation in designing the product.
- Design, develop and implement highly reliable, scalable, extensible, maintainable, global, and operable products and platforms to support Corporate Regulatory Reporting functions
- Draft and review architectural diagrams, interface specifications, solution designs, and other applicable documents as per guidelines and best practices.
- Drive solution delivery by partnering with business users, PMO, infrastructure and other technology teams.
- Work with management in building the project/technology roadmaps, project scoping and analysis.
- Skilled in software development lifecycle processes. Experience with SCRUM, Agile and iterative approaches a us
- Lead/mentor other developers (including offshore resources) and review deliverables for accuracy, quality, application performance and completeness.
- Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance Corporate Technology Applications functionality, reliability and performance.
- Build systems that balance resources, constraints, requirements, and complexity
- Present opportunities with cost/benefit analysis to leadership in order to shape decisions regarding architectural strategy
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices developed with the organization
- Develop department-wide technical perspectives, standards, solutions, and strategies that resolve significant product or organizational pain-points
- Participate in a network of principal engineers to share ideas, practices, and experiences
- Work closely with infrastructure and other development teams
- You must enjoy challenging engineering problems. We are looking for someone who can solve complex issues
- We value principal engineers who do enough hands-on implementation work to keep current with technology trends inside and outside the company
- Be responsible for daily technical support, troubleshooting and resolution of application issues
- 8+ years in software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages like Java, continuous integration, and deployment architecture
- 1+ years of one or more ETL tool DataStage
- 2+ years of experience leading design and implementation of robust and highly scalable web services
- 4+ years of hands-on working knowledge in any of the relational databases like Sybase, Oracle etc.
- 8+ years progressive application analysis/integration/development and support experience (preferably supporting Corporate functions).
- 5+ years in at least one Reporting tool (Axiom, Tableau, BO, Qlikview or Cognos)
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong knowledge of database systems principles/design, data construction and integration of applications systems
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership on a multitude of projects and ensure that both internal and external deadlines are met
- High caliber team player with good judgment, flexibility and productivity
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.