We have an opportunity as a Senior Event Planner to help build better event experiences that showcase Sentry’s new brand! In this role, you will support complex events for internal associates and external customers, agents and constituents. These meetings and events include, but are not limited to, customer/agent visits to our Headquartered offices that combine meetings, recreational golf and possible spouse programs, that allows Sentry to showcase our HQ campus. Our campus facilities consist of: Sentry World Golf Club, our new Sentry Claims building, our main corporate office and coming soon, a luxury 63 room boutique hotel that we will own and operate.
In addition, we will be building new experiences across the U.S. that will differentiate Sentry from the competition. Largely, we do golf events here at Sentry; however, we are looking to expand customer experiences and need someone in this role to assist with building these grass root experiences both inside golf as well as other types of programs (i.e.; culinary events, film events, other sporting events, etc.). This individual must have experience leading multiple events at once, while using a contractor supported model.WHAT YOU'LL DO
In this role, you will provide effective project management of meetings and events, lead cross-functional meetings with others in the brand & marketing organization, maintain ongoing external vendor relationships and over-all provide the highest quality client support. Additionally, you will:
• Lead and implement all aspects of event requirements for Corporate events and meetings.
• Ensure timely and effective implementation of all operational aspects of a meeting or event. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: housing, website design, travel arrangements, facilities and equipment, design of food and beverage, brand activation, entertainment, participant activities, awards, promotions, scripts, amenities, gifts, shipping, etc.
• Oversee complex budget development, management and reconciliation while identifying opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings on all events.
• Create program documentation to include agendas, mobile event apps, event resumes, executive briefing books and proposals.
• Independently plan, perform site inspections when needed and defines selection criteria as it relates to industry best practices.
• Conduct site research, analysis and provides recommendations.
• Review and edit contracts and proposals from vendors and service providers to maximize efficiencies and ensure compliance with budget and company policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to hotels, destination management service providers, audio visual support providers, and other vendor as needed.
• Participate in planning and scheduling to establish deadlines and ensure the timely completion of independent tasks, short and long-term projects.
• Establish and maintain relationships with prospective and current vendors used for various events.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of related work experience, specifically with a Fortune 500 organization. Financial or Insurance company a plus.
• Experience with high-touch events and audio-visual production to include video production, audio, lighting and stage detail.
• Ability to quickly build trust with executives and internal stakeholders to understand the “why” around the specific events or meetings they will need to support and what outcome should happen after the program completes.
• Strong customer service experience
• Ability to work within specific time limitations and deadlines.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Currently holds or is working towards CMP or CMM Certification
• Experience managing multiple, complex programs in a fast-pace, dynamic environment.
• Proven experience of project management and implementation
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and human relations skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and members of the Board of Directors.
• Must be able to travel extensively, work a flexible schedule that includes frequent weekends, and participate in industry associations.
• Proficient in the use of automated systems, online registration systems, survey tools and software applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience using Swoogo Registration Tool
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.ABOUT SENTRY
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!