Title: Senior Facilities Technician
Location: Southfield MI 48033
Duration: 6 Months
The Senior Facilities Technician is responsible for maintaining site facilities systems and equipment (e.g. HVAC, boiler, low voltage wire troubleshooting, simple plumbing, etc.). This includes on call rotation and extended hours when required. The successful candidate will also contribute to development of the plant’s facilities plan and coordinate for successful outcomes with multiple stakeholders and departments within (as well as outside agencies, and vendors).
This role reports to the Facilities Supervisor and will work with other key infrastructure team members to help the team reach its objectives.
• Enables business to meet and exceed operational goals by delivering safe, stimulating and socially responsible building environment.
• Supports a team culture of continuous improvement for the office and manufacturing environment that ensures safety, efficiency, hygiene, sustainability.
• Ensures successful maintenance of grounds and building infrastructure by troubleshooting and repairing electromechanical equipment (structural, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, heat-pumps, cooling towers, etc.).
• Conducts facility inspections and equipment condition assessments to determine necessary modifications, including repair work and replacements.
• Supports successful preventive maintenance (PM) program of infrastructure assets by carrying out timely and thorough PM’s.
• Serves as key contributor in discussions regarding building, energy management, and environmental sustainability systems.
• Maintains a strong relationship with the site’s key business partners, and stakeholders to ensure goals are met and ensure a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction (e.g. Manages and/or communicates for successful outcomes with: Utilities, Landscape Services, Office Planning and Location, etc.)
• Assists with the identification, prioritization, and justification of facility capital projects related to energy and waste management & facility systems upgrades.
• Advises, coaches and supports facilities team in identifying, scoping and implementing energy savings and sustainability improvements using DBS tools and kaizen and development of a strong and talented global facilities organization.
• Actively supports EHS initiatives and supports excellent housekeeping and campus orderliness.
• Contributes to energy management data collection and aids in analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and facilitates environmental sustainability.
• Associate degree (or equivalent) in related trade (e.g. HVAC)
• 3+ years' experience in HVAC and/or building equipment troubleshooting and repair.
• Demonstrated experience contributing to a successful team environment.
• Strong technical knowledge of HVAC, water, electricity, machine control, EMS/BMS, preventive maintenance, energy & sustainability
• Experience with building management applications and SW systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as individual contributor, and in teams in fast paced, stretch goal environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communications, presentation and negotiation skills
• Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
Preferred Certifications And Licenses: (one or more equivalent)
• Universal Refrigeration License
• Boiler License
• Electrician License