WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting services dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
We create, integrate, visualize and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. Our planning professionals build strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places.
Only serious and qualified candidates that possess the "Federal" experience required of this position will be considered.
This Federal Planner will join a collaboration of experienced planners, landscape architects, and project managers dedicated to having a positive impact through effective planning. The ideal candidate will be driven, intellectually curious, committed to excellence, and demonstrate a desire to make a difference in the communities we serve. The Federal Planner will serve as project planner in support of the project manager on multi-disciplinary planning projects and will be responsible for the preparation of master planning and strategic planning documents for Federal/Military (primarily Army and Air Force) clients and other State and Local Government Clients as needed.
The Federal Planner's responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating planning charrettes for Federal/Military clients as both a lead facilitator and as a member of a facilitation team
- Collecting and compiling a variety of quantitative and qualitative data to prepare reports and maps
- Conducting field evaluations and assessments
- Researching requirements and standards
- Developing reports and templates under the direction of the project manager
- Acting as liaison between government agencies and other organizations in developing plans
- Identifying new opportunities and assist in positioning for, and ultimately securing the opportunity
- Other duties as assigned
The Federal Planner should possess:
- Knowledge of planning principals, best practices, & techniques of planning
- A well-developed knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as urban planning, community planning, economic development, or land use
- Knowledge and experience in site plan review, construction, and zoning processes
- Knowledge of space planning and facility utilization surveys
- Ability to conduct research and prepare statistical planning reports on land use, physical, social & economic possibilities, and constraints
- Demonstrated experience and appropriate training in employing strategic planning and space planning techniques to development long and short-range plans
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams
- 7 - 10 years related experience
- Four-year degree in Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or related discipline
- PMP or AICP preferred
- Knowledge of military (primarily Army and Air Force) master planning and real property management
- Secret security clearance preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Moderate travel required
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.