Tectonic is currently seeking qualified Senior Field Engineers to perform various inspections on projects throughout the New York City metro area.
Essential functions of this position includes performing various special inspections of building for which the design requires professional engineers to ensure compliance with approved construction documented and referenced standards required by the NYC Construction Building Code. The Senior Field Engineer will also perform additional special testing, including the subsurface investigation including soil borings, test pits, and soil percolation testing. This requires readings and interpreting various related documents and drawings, maintaining special inspection records, and preparing official field reports. The Senior Field Engineer may also perform various other inspections, as well as all other related duties as required.
- Valid Professional Engineering License required;
- BS Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or similar; MS Degree is a plus;
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of construction building inspection experience;
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety and Health Training within a reasonable time period;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Understanding of the fundamentals of building inspection codes and requirements in order to carry out testing, including, but not limited to, International Building Codes, ASTM Standards, and TMS standards;
- Diversified knowledge of technology, materials, equipment, design concepts and construction techniques;
- Ability to solve complex issues with limited direction;
- May also require valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to job sites.
COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.
Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.