POWER YOUR FUTURE WITH CE POWER in our Field Services department as a Senior or Lead Field Service Apparatus Technician. Due to continued growth, we are seeking seasoned Apparatus Technicians and Field Apparatus Engineers in the Brighton, MI area. If you have 5+ years of apparatus testing experience in a breaker shop or low and medium voltage industrial facility, we want to hear from you!
Our seasoned apparatus service technicians lead and perform testing, maintenance and repair of low and medium voltage circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear, motor control and other electrical apparatus in the shop and in the field. Adhering to our CE Power Fundamental- “ Always Safe”, all of our employees contribute to a safe work environment, follow all safety and Human Performance best practices, and work to uphold CE Power Fundamentals.
As a Senior or a Lead Apparatus Service Technician or Field Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Performing testing on low and medium voltage breakers including Megger, Ductor, Hi-Pot, Hi-Current, and Timing tests.
- Completing mechanical work and repairs on breakers, including tear down, refurbishment and parts replacement.
- Painting breakers and parts.
- Wiring circuit breakers.
- Utilizing and accurately reading meters.
- Reading schematics and wiring drawings.
- Troubleshooting circuit breaker controls.
- Reading and plotting time-current curves.
- Testing power and current transformers, including Power Factor and TTR.
- Accurately and consistently documenting using Power DB.
- Able to work with electrical tools and socket sets.
- 3-5 years’ related experience in power plants, industrial services, primary power distribution and related protection and control schemes.
- Minimum 2 years of industrial or commercial power systems experience.
- Licensures and Certifications: NETA 2, 3, or 4 preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Reference and complete assignments as described in applicable specifications
- Perform regular field work both indoors and outdoors
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, business acumen, management ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Valid Driver’s license and good driving record
WHY WORK FOR CE POWER?
- CE Power provides comprehensive solutions for upgrading, testing and maintaining the reliability and efficiency of substation and generation assets.
- CE Power has deep, one-stop resources that smaller companies can’t provide. Yet unlike many larger companies, we have direct relationships with all leading OEMs, which ensures that the recommended solution also happens to be the best solution.
- Full Time or On- Call employment opportunities available
- Beyond Compensation: Total compensation doesn’t just include salary, but there are a number of fringe benefits to select from for full-time and part-time employees.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance starting the 1st of the month after employment for our employees and their dependents
- Paid Time Off- We value work-life balance; so much so, we have a CE Power Fundamental reflective of this: Live a Healthy Lifestyle. We’re a family-friendly company and we recognize the importance of spending time with loved ones
- 401(k) Matching
- Company paid Short Term Disability (STD)
- Life Insurance- Basic Life Insurance is offered to our employees at no cost.
- Continuing Educationassistance offered to our employees who wish to pursue their formal education.