- Continuously improve personal, technical and professional business skills enabling incumbent to service products to customer’s satisfaction through keeping current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
- Maintain all service equipment including all test equipment, tools issued to meet specifications including EBE, ISO requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
- Provide customers basic applications information via phone or on-site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
- Demonstrate ability to service newly designed and experimental equipment, which has not been seen before, and instill confidence in the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction. Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints.
- Demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
- Associate degree from an accredited institution AND/OR military experience AND/OR High school diploma with minimum 3 years of power distribution or field service experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Las Vegas, NV will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly desirable.
- Experience performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience with protective relays is highly desirable.
- Electrical Contractor’s License
- Professional Engineering License
- General Contractor’s License
- Strong computer skills
- Understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical, electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
The Senior Field Service Technician is responsible for providing field service support and consultation such as acceptance testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting of low, medium, and high voltage systems; advise customers and provide best technical solution to solve the customer issue; complete assigned jobs with assistance from lead technicians and engineers; conduct required tests and calibration using test equipment; check and maintain equipment to ensure compliance with applicable standards. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering.