Senior Financial Accountant – Investments (FULL RELO)
Working from our HQ offices in San Antonio, Texas, this role is a combination of Accounting and Investment Accounting. You must have knowledge of investments or securities; doing accounting for some affiliate investment portfolios, and understand differences in bonds. You will execute complex accounting functions, including preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations, preparation of financial results for internal and external purposes, audit support, and financial analysis. This is a highly visible role where you will collaborate with various areas of the organization and senior management. In addition, you will perform in an advisory capacity to operational business leaders on matters pertaining to business initiatives and/or strategies.
- Support insurance regulatory reporting, put together all investment schedules for insurance company, GAAP reporting, fed reporting, rating agency reporting, analysis portfolio (very niche area)
- Applies GAAP, STAT and regulatory accounting treatment to complex accounting transactions, and demonstrates understanding of key implications.
- Communicates processes and procedures, financial results and analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists in resolving accounting issues and makes recommendations to management.
- Performs in an advisory capacity to operational business leaders on matters pertaining to business initiatives or strategies.
- Leads special projects and coordinates with key stakeholders to ensure timely completion.
- Collaborates and maintains strong relationships with business partners.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business to resolve issues and provide informed, proactive reporting and analysis to enable effective decision making.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools.
- Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an effective and efficient financial system.
- Reviews the work of less experienced team members and provides guidance and coaching when issues arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or a bachelor’s degree in another field coupled with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of relevant work experience performing standard accounting functions including preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing financial results for internal and external purposes or other similar experience.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and STAT or regulatory accounting practices.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis techniques and statistical methodologies