Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement - Senior Financial Aid Compliance Officer
Office of Financial Aid
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
General Description of the Job
Under the Executive Director of Financial Aid guidance, the Senior Financial Aid – Compliance Officer is directly responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and state financial aid rules and regulations, as well as instructional policies and procedures. This involves training of staff, monitoring different processes such as the verification of financial aid applications, assisting in the assessment of all existing controls and practices, identifying areas where improvement is needed in relation to Federal Title IV regulations, requirements, and best practices, and development and maintenance of Policy and Procedures Manual.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job.
1. Assist the Executive Director in establishing and implementing financial aid guidelines, policies, and procedures.
2. Responsible for the development and maintenance of Policy and Procedures Manual. Recommend, interpret, and administer and update financial aid policies ensuring compliance with pertinent federal, state and local laws and contractual regulations; maintain liaison with federal, state, and other agencies to answer questions, resolve problems, provide data, interpret and apply changes in rules and regulations concerning financial aid.
3. Research regulatory questions and well as assist Executive Director and researching and responding to Department of Education Federal Student Aid student complaints.
4. Under the direction of Executive Director, serve as the primary administrator for federal program and/or functional area in accordance with institutional, federal and state regulations. This includes annual policy and procedure updates, continuous process improvement, resolution of complex problems or barriers, correspondence, collaboration with other University departments and reporting.
5. Research, analyze, develop and recommend departmental processes and procedures to increase and improve operational efficiency and to ensure proper controls and regulatory compliance.
6. Read, comprehend, interpret, implement, and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and statutes governing Financial Aid programs and services including the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, Federal Work Study, scholarships, and other related programs.
7. Responsible for performing random quality assurance testing on processed financial aid files as directed.
8. Develop office procedures to facilitate the efficient and accurate dissemination of pertinent information to the potential and current student population.
9. Participate in training of ever changing federal, state and institutional regulations; review and make recommendations to ensure institutional policies and procedures are updated on a regular and consistent basis.
10. Coordinate and administer one or more of the various programs within financial aid including Federal Direct loan reconciliation, Pell reconciliation, Return of Title IV funds, NCAA scholarships, consortium agreements, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual in this job must possess these skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Knowledge of all regulations, policies and procedures governing financial aid programs ensuring institutional compliance at all times.
2. Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
4. Knowledge of external funding criteria for each scholarship.
1. Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration or a related field from an accredited college/university, three (3) or more years of experience may substitute degree requirements. Master’s Degree M.A. M.Sc. or MBA preferred.
2. Successful experience: Application of Title IV funding; comprehensive knowledge of Title IV laws and regulations; proven success in customer service and higher education; excellent written and oral communications; computer proficiency; organizational skills; experience working with a student/business information system and database.
3. Other: Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with various constituencies including potential/incoming students and their families, current students and their families, faculty, administrators, and the public.
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, or disability.
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed