PSI Pax, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst - Accounting to support our government customer in Patuxent River, MD.
Position is contingent upon contract award.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides financial and/or accounting support to the activity Accounting Department, Budget Department, Financial Systems Department or Business Operations Department, and other organizational support elements and other activities.
- Leads the execution of complex tasks. Performs more complex analytical and evaluative work requiring a comprehensive knowledge of: (1) theory and principles; (2) financial and management organization, operations, and practices; (3) pertinent statutory or regulatory provisions; and (4) related basic economic, accounting, and legal principles. Assists program/project personnel with financial tracking, budget formulation, execution and overall financial support.
- Provides support with a variety of management activities, corporate initiatives, special projects, and data calls which could have significant impact on the organization and its business operations.
- Provides specialized reviews and analysis to support the continued evolution of DON Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) efforts.
- Provides analytical support to complete data calls from the Navy/Department of Defense Comptroller and other activities. This support includes recommendations for extracting the information from the financial system through either standardized transactions or ADHOC queries from ERP internal tables.
- Provides support in the analysis and completion of the following: Management Control reviews (MCR), Internal audit checks, gap analysis, Control Point impacts, Corrective Action Plan reviews, and Navy ERP Change Requests.
- Processes hard copy invoices from vendors, processing electronic invoices from Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) to the Navy ERP system, validating invoices for correctness, obtaining the appropriate receipt and acceptance, and closing out contracts.
- Supports the MILSTRIP team in researching/analyzing and resolving interface errors, researching/resolving various billing issues with billing activities, and goods receipt research and follow-up.
- Supports the Travel Accounting Team in travel related accounting transactions, which would include, but is not limited to, uploading travel voucher documents to the Transactions Online Processing System (TOPS), reconciling Accounts Payable balances, researching open commitment and obligation records, and researching unmatched disbursement records and travel transactions rejected by Navy ERP.
- Provides support for the General Ledger Accounting Department.
- Performs physical inventory of assets to ensure accurate accountability of fixed assets for property management purposes, and obtain supporting documentation for the creation/modification/retirement of asset records and sub asset records in Navy ERP.
- Performs reimbursable billing and finalizing reimbursable funding documents.
- At least eight (8) years financial management experience. Financial management experience should include financial analysis of business programs, development of cost estimates, program status reports, and demonstrated knowledge of DOD Federal Management Regulations (FMR), Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), PPBE and five (5) years of DON procurement policies and procedures experience.
- Navy ERP knowledge is required.
- Extensive working knowledge is required for the following systems: Cash History On-line Operator Search Engine (CHOOSE), Shared Data Warehouse (SDW), and Mechanization of Contracts Administration Services (MOCAS).
- Working knowledge of the following systems is required: Standard Procurement System (SPS), Seaport, and Electronic Document Access (EDA). In the MILSTRIP area, familiarity with the Supply system interface is beneficial, including: Transactions Online Processing System (TOPS) and Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information System (NALCOMIS). Access to the following websites will be required: WEBVLIPS, One Touch, GSA, and EMALL.
- Familiarity with WAWF and the NAWCAD Comptroller Document Management System (CDMS) is desired.
- Active DoD secret clearance.
- MS or MA degree in a Business, Management, or "Relevant Technical Discipline".
- ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree and an additional four (4) years of experience can be substituted for an MS or MA degree.
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a DoD government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation to include but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
PSI Pax is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
PSI Pax is an E-Verify Participant