AppleCareMedical Group is comprised of hundreds of board-certified private-practice,independent physicians. Collectively, our physicians have been serving theSoutheast Los Angeles County and Northern Orange County for decades, providingtheir medical expertise and passion to improving the health of our communities.Our mission is to enhance the overall well-being of each member we serve byproviding compassionate, personalized and convenient care. Our vision is toprovide the highest quality medical care through medical expertise, innovationand a passion for keeping our patients healthy and maintaining the lifestylethey desire.
The SeniorFinancial Analyst is an integral part of the AppleCare Finance team, servingoperational leaders across the company by providing clear and insightfulfinancial analysis to inform sound decision-making. This role is responsible for creating andmaintaining various financial models and forecasting tools, including contractproposals, investments and acquisitions, clinical affordability and a varietyof ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Queryand analyze complex revenue, eligibility, claims and authorization data insupport of contract analysis and clinical affordability initiatives
- Createmodels, extract valuable insights and present findings in a compelling andsummarized view
- Providebusiness leaders with financial support in investment decision making(cost-benefit analysis, ROI, cost comparisons, valuation, etc.)
- Develop,create, and maintain annual budget and quarterly forecast models and play anintegral role in the annual budget and quarterly forecast process
- Workclosely with management to develop and maintain financial performance reporting
- Assistwith end of month financial close variance review, as well as financial andoperational metric reports
- Assistwith the preparation of presentations (both internal and external) of financialand operational business results and analysis for the Executives, Directors,and management
- Adhoc financial and operational analysis and duties as needed
You’ll berewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challengeyou and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role aswell as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’sDegree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Minimumof two years’ work experience within a Financial Planning and Analysis orCorporate Finance department or in an analytics role for financial reportingand business analysis
- Intermediateexperience with MS Excel
- Stronganalytical ability and attention to detail
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills
- Employees arerequired to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e.,entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Groupapproved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order tokeep our work sites safe. Employees mustcomply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in aUnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areaswhere physical distancing cannot be attained
- Youwill be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other companylocation
- Experiencein managed health care finance or analytics, highly preferred
- Experiencewith Hyperion Essbase, PeopleSoft Financials, MS SQL and/or Anaplan
- Advancedlevel knowledge of Excel
UnitedHealthGroup is a team of more than 260,000 people who are building careersuccess through commitment, compassion and a desire to make a difference. Joinus. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at OptumCare.We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health andwellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health caresystem, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-beinggoals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on theplanet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas andcomprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create abrighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place todo your life's best work.(sm)
AppleCareMedical Group was formed in Lynwood, California in 1996 with the goal ofmaking quality care available locally to the community. Today, AppleCareMedical Group is comprised of hundreds of board-certified private-practice,independent physicians. These physicians provide medical expertise and passionto improving the health of communities in the Southeast area of Los Angeles andNorthern Orange County.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and itsaffiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativeAction employers and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, nationalorigin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-freeworkplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginningemployment
Job Keywords: analyst,finance, reporting, data analysis, forecast, budget, Excel, SQL, HyperionEssbase, Managed Care, Healthcare, La Palma, CA, California