General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
Away from home eating has been growing and is proving to be an even more dynamic environment now than ever! The Foodservice team supports independent restaurants and other away from home eating such as coffee shops, cafeterias and catering. The team also works with grocers on their in-store fresh options and wholesalers on big bag mix and flour sales. Foodservice provides a unique opportunity to work on strategies to win in a B2B space where the segment is placing some big and exciting bets in the coming years.
Trade analysts in Convenience & Foodservice (C&F) are accountable for the entire annual trade planning process for their channels. This includes releasing trade funding to field sales, developing the Spring Plan budget, assessing and tracking the actual spending and finally determining the year-end trade accrual. Analysts work closely with headquarter sales and field sales through business model support and strategy development.
In this role, you will gain experience in building and executing a trade plan to deliver against C&F’s objectives to grow and win in the market. You will pro-actively support the business with leadership on trade strategy and competitive landscape assessment to help fill the pipeline for pricing and Strategic Revenue Management (SRM) opportunities. You will also learn how to play in the gray and identify risks and opportunities with incomplete data. Success in this role requires matrix relationship management as you will represent the voice of field sales to the finance channel teams and the voice of finance to the field sales teams.
C&F is truly a special segment that serves the world by providing food they love and need while away from home. You will have the pleasure of working with and learning from experts in these channels across all functions who are driven and invested in seeing our brands and business models succeed.
C&F Trade Analytics is looking to fill two Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) roles.
The first role has the following unique accountabilities:
Responsibility for the following channels within Foodservice:
- Foodservice Ingredients is a growth business that supplies big bag mix and flour to bakeries and pizzerias.
- Cash & Carry is a specialty distributor that supplies small, independent restaurants.
- In-Store Fresh is the bakery section of the grocery store and the team works with the largest grocers in the country.
- The Wholesale & Commissary team works with large branded customers like Del Monte, Hostess and Little Debbie. New sales leadership has provided an opportunity to develop strategy and drive change.
Co-lead the month end financial close process for the segment trade spend.
The second role has the following unique accountabilities:
Responsibility for the following customers within Foodservice:
- Broadliner Distributors
- Independent Commercial Operators are the locally owned, mom and pop restaurants.
- Dairies are a full-service specialty distributor that serve K-12 schools, convenience stores and WIC outlets.
- Military Distributors
- Large Commercial accounts like McDonald’s, Cinnabon, IHOP and Hello Fresh.
Co-lead the month forecast process for the segment trade spend.
Both roles have the following accountabilities:
- Develop fair & equitable trade plans that drive growth while optimizing allocation of resources and driving margin improvement for the Segment.
- Independently partner with trade sales development manager on annual trade strategy and field sales communication.
- Deliver trade plans, including development of routine financial estimates and operating plans, identification of business performance drivers and identification of risks and opportunities.
- Provide external perspective on customers, suppliers, competitors and the industry.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Years of work experience: 4+
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders to act (via effective communication and presentation to Partner for Impact)
- Track record of exercising fiduciary responsibility, being accurate and detail oriented (Risk Management)
- Demonstrated ability to be curious, proactive, respond quickly, and smoothly adjust to changes (Situational Agility)
- Able to establish processes, make process improvements, effectively organize own work (Process Excellence)
- Identify and extract the right data from financial systems to provide meaningful analysis (Analytic Proficiency)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools
- Experience in planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Advanced Education: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Accountancy