If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever; Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities from leading small to mid-size corporate development projects to assisting senior leadership on larger more complex projects related to acquisitions and joint venture efforts.
- Research and assess potential acquisition targets or strategies and create financial models in the assessment of such strategies
- Responsible for developing acquisition profiles of potential physician practice groups and provide Senior Leadership with a valuation offer range for such targets and assisting and reviewing other analysts work of such profiles and analysis
- Review all documentation produced by target to ensure all information provided is used in consideration of any transaction. Also work with each target to ensure all required information is provided
- Conducts and ensures full due diligence on each acquisition target by working in conjunction with a variety of groups for each area of business expertise
- Contract review and interaction with legal department to ensure deal terms are properly documented
- Works collaboratively with functional leads and the integration department to document and analyze each business development project and assist in the integration of such targets into WellMed
- Tracking of and reporting status of each potential target project and be able to work on multiple prospective or active deals concurrently
- Responsible for being up to date with WellMed’s business contracts and revenue sources to ensure the most update to date analysis is provided
- Creates and maintains relative tracking reports to be utilized in Business Development
- Responsible for documenting and updating changes to workflow, training plans, policies and procedures, as directed
- Ensuring continuous improvement and the implementation of best practices across the department and as it relates to interaction with other departments
- Assisting with training and developing new employees or other functional areas
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of accounting or financial analysis experience to include experience in modeling and presentations
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Willingness to travel if needed based on business needs within TX markets (up to 25%)
- Master’s Degree or Higher
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed
- 3+ years of experience in review or preparation of corporate and/or personal tax returns
- 3+ years of accounting or financial analysis experience in a clinic or healthcare setting
- 3+ years of experience related to transaction review or analysis
- Proficiency in MS Project and Visio
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of executive management, physician interaction, leaders in various departments, legal staff, etc.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and extra hours if needed on assignments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Development, San Antonio, TX, Texas