Sure you could find a career that satisfies you, but what about one that inspires you? We're in the business of helping make the health care system work better for everyone. That means we need people who know how to bring it every single day. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you'll collaborate with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who impact decisions that help millions live healthier lives.
The Financial Services group brings financial services expertise to every point in the health care system. We help individuals become smarter health care consumers. We help providers get paid faster and finance equipment and technology so they can better serve their patients. And we help employers provide affordable, effective health and wellness benefits through tax-advantaged accounts and stop loss coverage.
- Develop and perform the analyses of business and financial metrics as well as performance measures
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Understand and incorporate industry specific metrics into reports to highlight relevant trends and support fact-based business decisions
- Develop and perform all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Produce clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for their stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1.5 or more years of financial and/or accounting experience
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel (experience with pivot tables, database / logic formulas, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Hyperion Essbase, Planning and PeopleSoft Financials
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: financial analyst, accounting, healthcare, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Financial Planning & Analysis
BusinessSegment: Optum Corporate
Division: Optum Corporate Finance
Shift: Day Job