Oregon Community Credit Union (OCCU) is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join our high performing team. If you have matching experience and want to work for a dynamic credit union consider applying today!
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for financial planning and analysis, profitability, projections and forecasting that results in accurate decision-making and stronger financial performance. They maintain, develop and refine profit models by product and department in order to forecast future revenues and expenses to establish baseline forecasts. Assists in the determination of capital budgets, pro forma financial statements and the associated return on credit union projects. This Senior Analyst creates and maintains financial models to assess risk, aid in decision-making and advise OCCU leaders. They provide sound recommendations that assist Senior Leadership decision-making regarding budget, product development and pricing and ensuring the financial health of the organization.
As a not-for-profit financial institution, we strive to provide remarkable value and unparalleled personal guidance with every interaction. We focus on member service, community involvement and providing value to our more than 165,000 members with every decision we make. In exchange for high levels of work performance, dedication and innovative thinking, we are committed to providing our employees with a challenging, fun, open and engaging work environment that motivates them to stay with us over the long haul. Benefits include a robust 401(k) program with employer match after 6 months; medical, vision and dental coverage that starts the month after hire; life insurance and much more.
Location: Eugene, OR
Beginning Salary Range: $31.30 - $39.13 per hour
- Establish and evaluate profit plans by cost/profit center, product line and organization-wide. Create and deliver financial models and forecasting tools. Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances and trends. Identify and drive process improvements. Increase productivity by developing repeatable and standardized reporting and forecasting tools.
- Analyze and interpret current and past economic, statistical and financial data and performance, identify trends and provide recommendations for improvement. Perform operational metrics tracking. Work closely with the Accounting and Business Intelligence departments to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support. Prepare reports based on performed analysis and present to staff, Leadership and other decision makers.
- Review relevant organizational expenses to ensure strong returns and competitive pricing.
- Evaluate expenses against projected returns to ensure strong performance of each business unit. Make recommendations for improved performance using both expense management and revenue enhancement strategies.
- Evaluate forecasting discrepancies and recommend adjustments.
- Work closely with the Accounting department to develop, execute and monitor OCCU’s rolling forecasts based on profit plan modeling. Coordinate with business unit owners and other members of the Finance and Analytics team to review and adopt financial information and forecasts.
- Determine profitability and financial priority of all credit union projects including capital expenditures, construction projects, new lines of business and geographic expansion.
- Ensure that solutions maintain compliance with credit union and regulatory standards and legal requirements. Adhere to all documented credit union policies, procedures and guidelines.
- When necessary, provide analytical support for departmental projects.
- Partner with line managers and business unit owners to adopt financial models and tools to better understand and manage their respective functions to greater fiscal performance.
- Positively influence business stakeholders at all levels. Work collaboratively with all areas of the Credit Union.
- Share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form to executive staff, business units and staff in a clear and concise manner that is the parlance of each group.
- Deliver quality work within specified timelines.
- Demonstrate ownership, organization and attention to detail.
- Organize workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed with quality and as scheduled.
- Provide status updates to management and stakeholders regarding issues and progress.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adaptability – Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture). Adjust effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Key actions include trying to understand changes, approaching change with a positive mind-set and adjusting behavior.
- Compelling communication – Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention. Key actions include delivering clear messages, communicating with impact, using language appropriately and ensuring understanding.
- Continuous learning – Actively identify new areas for learning; regularly create and take advantage of learning opportunities. Use newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application. Key actions include targeting learning needs, seeking learning opportunities, maximizing learning, applying knowledge or skill and taking risks in learning.
- Decision making – Identify and understand problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information. Choose the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives and making timely decisions. Take action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences. Key actions include identifying problems and opportunities, gathering information, interpreting information, generating alternatives, evaluating alternatives and risks, choosing an effective option, committing to action and considering others’ perspectives.
- Applied reasoning – The ability to solve problems, identify trends and interrelationships between data and information, and effectively reason through complex challenges. Key actions include evaluating to select best option, integrating to understand, considering broader context and adjusting to turbulent environments.
- Technical/professional knowledge and skills – Have achieved a satisfactory level of technical, functional and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leverage expert knowledge to accomplish results. Key actions include understanding technical terminology and developments, knowing how to apply a technical skill or procedure, knowing when to apply a technical skill or procedure and performing complex tasks in area of expertise.
- At least five years of experience in hands-on financial modeling and forecasting.
- In-depth knowledge of data analytical systems.
- Experience with financial institution modeling.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with database programming in Microsoft SQL Server and data visualization in Tableau preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, or another related field. Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Applied Mathematics or related field and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
Oregon Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer