The Financial Analyst’s primary responsibility is to assist in financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting analyses by evaluating complex financial data, utilizing data from diverse financial and information systems to build tools, and forecasting models that improve organizational decision making capabilities resulting in increased profitability.
- Deliver accurate financial reporting metrics by analyzing financial data, performing complex data entry, verifying accuracy and collaborating with senior leadership as needed
- Deliver effective decision-making support by analyzing complex financial information, forecasting business, industry and economic conditions and presenting implications and innovative solutions to senior management
- Collaborate with management regarding resource management ensuring that the appropriate amount of work is assigned to each team member
- Optimize individual and department efficiency by identifying information sources, testing financial analysis models and gathering reference information to ensure business growth and development
- Develop knowledgeable recommendations that assist senior leadership in decision making by serving as a functional and technical expert and analyzing financial performance to align budget guidelines and strategies with business requirements
- Implement team member development by assisting with integration of new associates, sharing knowledge, resolving questions and providing recommendations on best practices within area of responsibility to support the achievement of business objectives
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and utilize investment opportunities by interpreting financial investment data, performing trend analysis, evaluating economic influences and identifying potential risks
- Provide personalized and quality service by communicating with internal customers to address financial and budget practice questions, issues and concerns and ensure understanding of program components
- Drive continuous improvement by reviewing team financial analyses, evaluating gaps and communicating feedback to ensure accurate research, implementing best practices and delivering sound reports
- Facilitate the management of budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance preferred, equivalent experience will also be considered
- 3-5 years of experience in budgeting, financial analysis and modeling
- Working knowledge of operational efficiency principles and best practices
- Applied knowledge of financial operations
- Strong Excel skills are required
- High attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible in a complex, changing environment
As a firm passionate about health care, we’re deeply committed to the health and wellness of our own team members. We offer comprehensive, affordable insurance plans for our team and their families, and a host of other unique benefits, such as a yearly stipend for wellness-related activities, gym reimbursements and a paid parental leave program. You can learn more about our benefits offerings here: https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/why-cope-health-solutions/.
What We Do:
COPE Health Solutions is a national mission-driven consulting firm that partners with health system and payor clients and provides them with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. We are passionate about health care, with roots as a non-profit organization dedicated to providing health education to the underprivileged and underinsured. Today, we are the partner of choice for providers and payors across the United States who are committed to success in the new value-based payment environment. We also develop the diverse talent needed to fill future health care roles.
COPE Health Solutions maintains corporate offices in downtown Los Angeles and midtown Manhattan with teams across the country in major markets including Texas, the Northwest, Florida and the Northeast. Our firm currently has over 100 employees partnering with health systems and health plans across several states and enrolls over 4,000 students annually in our educational programs, with a growing national and global presence. COPE Health Solutions has a proven track record in all aspects of strategy, population health management, Medicare/Medicaid transformation and workforce training across the continuum.
To apply for this position, or to view all available positions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.