Large publicly traded REIT seeks a Sr. Financial Analyst to join their Los Angeles team.They are looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst with strong analytical skills, business acumen and modeling skills to join our corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team in Glendale, CA.
- Responsible for transforming raw data into digestible reports and actionable insights
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets
- General Ledger expense analysis and reporting
- Analyzes operating results and create reporting for monthly P&L
- Assist with payroll budgeting and variance reporting
- Evaluate historical and projected financial results including both financial and operational metrics and provide recommended courses of action.
- Perform financial analysis for Regions and Divisions to enable better decision making for the field teams.
- 3+ years of financial analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university in Finance or related area required
- Experience using Microsoft Excel including: VBA, database connections, pivot tables, vlookups, if statements, etc.
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvement and standardization.
- Demonstrated ability using analysis in a problem-solving manner rather than just as a caretaker, by developing new analysis and improving existing analytical methods.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and self-review essential to make sure analysis is ‘right first time and on-time’
- Self-starter with high intellectual curiosity and ability to multi-task/meet strict reporting timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills