We don’t just aspire to help people live healthier lives, we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Senior Financial Analyst II, you’ll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That’s a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
This role will be responsible for SG&A reporting, analysis, financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting for Optum Behavioral Health.
- Analyze membership changes and impact on FTEs and operating cost
- Partner with senior leaders to build and manage budgets
- Assist with identifying, analyzing and driving cost savings into the organization
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis of IT capital and other investments and present to senior leadership with recommendations
- Build and maintain activity based cost allocation models
- General ledger research and analysis for month-end close
- Monthly results reporting and variance analysis
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3 or more years of financial and/or accounting experience
- Proven experience driving business performance in a high growth environment
- Prior work experience anticipating accounting, financial reporting, forecasting and operational issues, assessing their implications and developing and implementing an appropriate action plan
- Experience working collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment to drive revenue enhancement and expense management initiatives
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient Hyperion Essbase
- Proficient in SQL and Microsoft Access
- MBA or CPA
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.