The Senior Financial Analyst assists in the financial management related decision support functions for the IS department – to include the annual operating and capital budgeting processes & cycle – utilizing strong problem solving skills and a high degree of responsiveness. The Senior Financial Analyst assists with maintaining and enhancing / improving the functionality & accuracy of the IS-internal budgeting accounting and financial management related decision support systems.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a self-starter and independent thinker; they develop original ideas and recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of IS operational & capital budget management and reporting processes. In accomplishing, they operate at an advanced level; reviewing and analyzing financial information – using strong Excel modeling skills – to meet the complex, varied, and sometimes ambiguous, management needs. The Senior Financial Analyst exercises independence and judgment in the management of their time and workload.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration Finance, or Accounting
• Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Financial Analysis and Accounting
• Working knowledge of GAAP
• Financial forecasting and financial modeling techniques
• Advanced MSExcel
• Exceptional and adaptive written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel from Executive level to frontline staff
• LA City Fire and Safety Certification. If no certification upon hire, must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$50402.htmld