A large global professional services firm seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to join their Los Angeles team.
In this role you will contribute your expertise to providing financial and project management support to attorneys for pricing and scoping engagements. You will be assisting firm management with data-driven pricing analytics, supporting financial modeling related to requests for proposals (RFPs), and tracking engagement budgets, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Supporting partners and the Business Development team on pricing discussions for new and existing client proposals through financial modeling, profitability analysis and strategic guidance
- Collaborating with partners and other attorneys to develop robust budgets and forecasts on engagements and provide regular updates on financial performance
- Partnering with internal Pricing Approval management committee by providing business acumen and analytical skills to support pricing decisions that align to both the client and firm’s objectives
- Developing best practices, benchmarking, and pricing framework for firmwide legal service product offerings
- Conducting post-engagement analysis by utilizing historical financial data and decision insights to assist in pricing of future engagements focused on improving financial performance
- Creating financial tools and templates using the latest technology software to expand current service offerings and streamline existing processes surrounding the firm’s pricing functions
- Performing market driven analysis to provide pricing insights on competitors
- Working with senior management to refine current work processes, develop new tools, and implement new ideas.
- Providing outreach, promoting the availability of revenue analysis and project management support to the partnership. Working with senior management to develop strategic pricing throughout the firm.
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- The ability to perceive and analyze problems and develop alternative strategies to solve them
- A Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field is required.
- A Master's degree or equivalent in a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of six (6) years of financial analysis experience is required, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Experience developing financial analysis/modeling and project tracking/reporting is preferred.