With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst/Manager
A little bit about our team:
This position will be part of the Warner Chappell finance and Accounting team for the US and Canada. This position will be important in working with the US CFO to develop and enhance commercial analysis related to the performance of the US businesses. The role will also spend a significant amount of time working on the fast-growing digital parts of the business. The candidate will work closely with the Digital deal making team, Deal Office, Royalties, Performing Rights Societies, and Digital Service Providers. This position is a new key role within the team.
Why this could be your next big break:
Want to get into the dynamic Music Industry in the growth area of digital, well now’s your chance……
Here you’ll get to:
- Act as a digital account manager on all direct digital deals. This involves tracking all payments, revenue, royalty processing to pay writers, determining growth assumptions for accruals, etc.
- Work with Performing rights societies to track payments to writers on direct performance digital deals
- Working with Digital companies and their back-office providers to properly account for the revenue where anomalies exist
- Assist with cash forecasting on the digital deals and A&R advance forecasting
- Perform financial analysis to provide commercial insight into the performance of each line of business including design and creation of new reporting that will provide insight to senior management
- Track and report the performance of select key songwriters
- Ad hoc special projects
- Participate in the annual budgeting and monthly forecast process mainly in the area of digital revenue and balance sheet
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- Have a BA in Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Have exceptional excel skills
- Have superior attention to detail
- Have elevated analytical skills and be curiosity driven
- Must be able to work flexible hours, especially during month end and budget season to meet deadlines
- Be a self-starter
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Have entertainment experience
- Have background with SAP, Hyperion, PowerPivot
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.