Senior Financial Analyst
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst with the proven ability to be a business partner and timely financial information. The ideal candidate will have the interpersonal skills to be a strategic partner to multiple teams and the technical acumen to convert spoken insights into Excel models and ad-hoc analysis. You will be an integral part of our Operations Finance team to help provide Operations Finance with financial planning and analysis support, split between monthly reporting, analysis, system enhancements and special projects.
Your role as a Senior Financial Analyst will be to:
- Own the actual and forecast process from a consolidated basis and have a solid understanding of what is behind the numbers.
- Review key business drivers for the business and provide insightful and actionable data to operating managers, regional teams and senior management teams.
- Assist in coordinating the annual budgeting/long term planning, monthly forecast planning processes and quarterly reporting requests
- Liaise with development, leasing finance, corporate finance and accounting to ensure proper coordination with each finance team
- Help project manage and lead initiatives with multiple departments in the organization.
- Monitor/develop KPIs – you will need to provide critical business insights and recommendations for remediation
- Improve current Finance forecast processes and procedures with a focus on 100% effectiveness and maximum efficiency
- Develop and document process maps and SOPs
- Help lead a cross-functional effort to standardize Finance processes and procedures – you must be focused on continuous improvement of the entire Finance organization
- Liaison with the Accounting team to ensure financials are accurately reflected in each monthly close cycle, especially year-end
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
We are looking for a(n):
- Expert analyst – you must be able to arrive at well-vetted analysis and conclusions and support them with financial data and statistics. You must have critical attention to detail
- Expert Excel user – you must be ready for comprehensive model building, automate processes and reports, trend analysis, and implementation of best practices; while VBA skills are not required, they are preferred
- Change Agent – you must be ready to learn the business needs and requirements and have the ability to quickly adapt when there are modifications or new requirements
- Cross-functional translator – you must be able to effectively deliver when communicating financial information. You must be able to communicate finance to sales and ops and vice versa. This role is both front-of-house and back-of-house
- Quick learner who overcomes objections, adjusts on the fly in a fast-paced business, and has a thirst for knowledge. You should have the ability to learn the business, systems, and processes, and then offer insightful recommendations on how to improve
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field; having a MBA or Lean Six Sigma certification isn’t required but would be a plus
If you’ve ever wanted to be part of an innovative business, on the cutting edge of developing and evolving the shopping experience for customers, this is your chance!
URW is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills.
We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.