Blu Dot Design & Manufacturing, Inc.
Blu Dot (www.bludot.com) is an innovative, modern furniture design company based in Minneapolis. This fast-growing company is the perfect fit for someone interested in making meaningful contributions.
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Reports To: VP, Finance Strategy
Which strikes you more... a small scope role in a massive organization... or a big role with big responsibilities in a high growth, well-respected organization? If you answered, "big role", then we should arrange a meeting. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience, and passion for the work to your team and internal partners. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact, rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic organization.
Position Function:As a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) you will be a key business partner supporting teams across the organization. The focus of the SFA will be onevaluating new business initiativesanddriving financial performancethrough effective planning, analysis, and performance management. This highly collaborative and cross functional role provides ample opportunity to have a meaningful impact on Blu Dot's growing business.This exciting and transformational work will need finance leaders with an intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a continuous learning mindset.
- Support our financial rhythms including monthly forecasts, month-end variance analysis, management reporting, annual budgeting, and long-range financial planning
- Deliver in-depth modeling and analysis that supports transformational efforts and strategic growth opportunities
- Identify and communicate business risks and opportunities to leadership while working to formulate initial action plans that mitigate risks and/or maximize opportunities
- Understand the larger strategy, business plan, and how to tell the story: tying initiatives back to the financials
- Prepare financial reporting & presentations that break down problems into critical components and drive actionable insights
- Cultivate finance/business relationships, which include learning the business, responding to evolving priorities and understanding the impacts of decisions on key stakeholders
- A/B.S degree in finance, economics, math, or accounting
- 5 years of relevant Finance experience with a sound understanding of all financial statements
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management and organizational skills
- Superior leadership skills with enthusiasm, initiative, and a passion for results
- Experienced in collaborating across departments/business segments and driving results through collaboration
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and prioritizing multiple objectives
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence
- General accounting knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
Compensation:Compensation will be based on experiences and qualifications. Benefits for full time salaried employees include paid vacation and sick leave, employer-matched 401(k) plan, group medical insurance, group dental insurance, company-paid life insurance and long term/short term disability coverage, flexible spending plans, and product discounts.