If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
We don’t just aspire to help people live healthier lives, we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Senior Financial Analyst , you’ll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That’s a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
- Develop, perform and manage the analyses of business and financial metrics
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Develop, perform and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Work closely to support the business in the development of strategies, plans, and processes to improve financial outcomes and cost efficiencies
- Employee benefit cost modeling, forecasting, budgeting and reporting
- Partner across the Enterprise as relates to financial reporting and analysis responsibilities
You’ll have access to the most comprehensive data in the world. You’ll need every bit of your knowledge and skill to sift through it and find the trends that tell the story.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of financial and operational experience
- Experience driving business performance in a high growth environment
- Experience anticipating accounting, financial reporting, forecasting and operational issues, assessing their implications and developing and implementing an appropriate action plan
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 2+ years of experience working collaboratively and ability to influence across a matrix environment
- Experience with People Soft and/or Hyperion software tools
- Ability to distill detailed information into summary presentations to Senior Leadership to help guide decisions
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Financial Planning & Analysis
Division: Financial Planning & Analysis
Shift: Day Job