As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media is seeking aSenior Financial Analystto be based in New York, NY. The Senior Financial Analyst will be a critical part of our financial planning and analysis team, supporting the Vox Media Editorial networks by partnering with network leads and strengthening our reporting and insights. This position will report to the Senior Manager, FP&A.
- Create, update, and maintain financial reporting for the Vox Media Editorial teams
- Partner with Editorial teams to maintain monthly financial forecasts. Ensure all forecast updates are reflected accurately within the accounting and financial systems
- Prepare analyses supporting strategic business plans and initiatives by utilizing and building detailed and dynamic financial models
- Develop means to effectively measure, track, and report on KPIs for the business
- Prepare financial components of executive level business reviews
- Report monthly financial results against budgets and forecasts to Finance and Editorial teams
- Manage ad hoc financial analyses based on business demand
- Assist with preparation of annual budget, monthly forecasts, and strategic planning models
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics, engineering, or related field
- Minimum 3 years work experience in financial planning, consulting, or business operations preferred
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Superior communication skills, with a strong ability to communicate financial information and concepts to business partners outside of the Finance team
- Acute attention to detail and diligent proofing skills. The position requires the ability to manage vast amounts of detailed information; accuracy is paramount.
- Ability to work independently towards tangible deliverables
- Self-starter with a can-do, collaborative, and problem-solving attitude
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Desire to be part of a fast-growing, frequently evolving modern media company
Bonus Points For:
- Media Industry Experience a plus
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.