Senior Financial Analyst
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
The Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A will provide primary analytical support to the FP&A group to research business trends, drive systems improvements, and assist in preparation of presentations to the senior and executive management team, Board of Directors and Investor Relations. This is a key position, with interaction at all levels, which requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, superior analytical, and problem-solving and modeling skills. Additionally, exceptional PC skills – MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint are a must. Knowledge of Access, VBA and/or Hyperion would be a plus.
This is a hands-on role, requiring the ideal candidate to work in close partnership with all constituents to understand the needs of the business and drive for effective and sustainable solutions.
- Instrumental in financial systems improvements: the design planning, development, and deployment of enhancements to existing systems, as well as new applications and automations of reports
- Balance Sheet/Cash Flow SMR expert
- Leading Data Integrity, internal/external reporting alignment
- Assist in forecasting/budgeting
- Developing, maintaining and reporting on monthly and quarterly operating and financial metrics
- Developing Quarterly BOD and SLT presentations
- Assist in quarterly earnings release/analyst conference call/IR presentation preparations
- Researching, tracking and summarizing key data, including: trends, profitability and expense analyses.
- Assisting business finance teams with analyzing financial results for key takeaways to achieve business objectives.
- Expected to help cultivate new approaches for data analysis and presentation to senior and executive management.
- Development of non-routine reports and presentations to Senior and Executive Management; use of current technology to produce, deliver, and distribute reports and analysis.
- Partner and collaborate with FP&A team to support other ad hoc projects or initiatives, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration.
- MBA or CPA a plus.
- 4-6 years of business or financial analysis experience required, preferably in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cash Flow, Balance Sheet & Income Statements.
- Prior experience with Hyperion/Essbase.
- Experience with Smart View MS Excel Add-In, SQL coding, Oracle, Access, Brio, and VBA a plus.
- Strong presentation and PC skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience formulating variance analysis, creating financial models, performing budgets / forecasts, and reviewing business cases.
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented environment.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, with the ability to quickly collect, interpret, analyze, and present financial data in an accurate and concise manner.
- Experience designing and building moderately complex business / analytical models.
- Experience monitoring Key Performance Indicators.
- Prior executive exposure and proven ability to effectively present material to senior leaders a plus.
- Astute communicator, knowing when and what to communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure no missed opportunities and/or no surprises.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team, cross-functionally and with outside vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Brings high level of energy to his / her work and a positive, can-do attitude.
Reporting Structure / Primary Relationships:
- Reports into Director, Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Significant interaction with all members of Corporate FP&A team including AVP, Financial Planning & Analysis and analysts.
- Interaction with Commercial, Consumer, Field Operations FP&A teams, Financial Reporting and Accounting.
- Considerable exposure to EVP/CFO, SVP/Controller, SVP/Treasurer, VP/Investor Relations and GVP/FP&A.