At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position is responsible for developing and managing division level budgets and forecasts, as well as analyzing, interpreting and communicating timely and unbiased financial information to management to inform critical business decisions.
How you will make an impact:
- Drive planning, budgeting and forecasting process by partnering with business owners.
- Responsible for monthly financial performance reporting and communications, including trend and variance analysis, to functional and finance leaders.
- Work independently or collaboratively with cross-functional teams to perform sophisticated, high-impact persuasive analysis that drives strategic decision-making for all areas of the business.
- Manage key department processes and projects, such as cost allocations, profitability analysis, scenario analysis, rate review, cost benefit analysis, etc.
- Develop and maintain complex models.
- Identify opportunities and lead process improvement efforts to achieve operational efficiency.
- Mentor junior members of the team and oversee their work.
- Drive efforts to improve financial and business acumen of partners across the enterprise.
- Support development of analysis, including key drivers that impact business outcome.
- Interpret financial and other data to deliver insights and support decision making for business partners.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar discipline; MBA is a plus
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in financial planning & analysis
- Able to effectively coordinate work and communicate across disparate groups of individuals, functions, and levels in the organization
- PC literacy required; Excellent MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience with ERP and Planning applications, such as Oracle/Hyperion, SAP, IBM/Cognos required (Oracle/Hyperion preferred)
- Knowledge of health insurance industry desirable
- Strong organizational/time management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Oracle, Hyperion Planning System and Essbase preferred
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and principles
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance