By joining our worldwide corporate finance team, you will be joining colleagues from all over the world who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
The Senior Financial Analyst of Financial Planning and Analysis is a key member of the finance team with responsibility for supporting enterprise-wide financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis, with an important role in driving business growth and improving profitability. Working close with the Global Director, they are expected to support the annual budgeting and monthly reforecasting process across the global enterprise and support the development and distribution of management reporting for the company. This role also includes working across regions and with colleagues around the world to support data-driven decision making within regional geographies. The position will also help support the team to provide data to senior executives throughout the organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plays key role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team; supports Global Director to provide information, data, analysis and insights to result in data-driven, profit-increasing decisions
- Actively partners with Global Director to support financial and capital budgeting/forecasting and other high value analysis
- Supports, creates and delivers enhanced management reports / dashboards that allow business partners to better understand their business and make informed decisions
- Works closely with the Global Director to provide senior executive management with regular feedback and communication with respect to variations between plan and actuals, including the projected impact to future results, and communicates regularly with senior management throughout the reporting cycle, providing timely updates, expert analysis and responses to inquiries
- Provides substantive analytical support to Global Director and wider team as part of the monthly and quarterly earnings cycle, including helping executives understand trends and anomalies in the business results
- Engages proactively with regional FP&A teams
- Helps develop overall long-term strategic plans requiring in-depth knowledge of the company, competitive landscape, trends and economic and social implications of organizational activities
- Delivers relevant information required for external disclosures, board meetings, investor presentations, and management reporting such as fluctuation and trending analysis, forecast results, and long-term planning information as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or alternative workplace experience required, with 6+ years in a financial-related field / MBA strongly preferred
- 2+ years’ experience within Corporate FP&A Function. Progressive experience required
- Excellent planning, organization, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Deep understanding of financial statements and metrics with the ability to translate them into operational goals
- Demonstrated skills necessary for management of business-wide processes and deadlines
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment with rapidly changing business priorities
- MS Office, including advanced skills in Excel; experience with financial planning / management reporting system (Hyperion, Cognos, Adaptive, Host, etc.)
- Ability to naturally analyze, prioritize, AND synthesize all types of information to allow timely and effective business impact on a consistent basis
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proven success in supporting and building teamwork across the global enterprise
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world. We do this for all types of organizations, in all industries and in all situations. We partner with clients to guide them through a changing, complex global environment, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients' work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. Our work impacts bottom lines; creates and protects jobs; defines issues important to society; improves workplaces and communities; gains visibility for and gives voice to those who may not typically be heard; and much more. Simply put, our work is impactful, meaningful, and problem-solving or opportunity-creating. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named "Public Affairs Agency of the Year" “Best Large Agency to Work For” and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.