Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
Reporting to the Manager, FP&A, this role will represent FP&A as a business partner across our Payments platform within the AppFolio Property Manager business to drive efficient, scalable financial processes. The role will deliver analytics that enable business leaders to make informed decisions and foster a collaborative, world-class partnership.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the finance business partner with the product leaders to develop and improve the accuracy of driver-based revenue budgets and forecasts, identify risks and opportunities, and communicate performance against those budgets and forecasts in a timely and accurate manner
- Creation of regular and ad-hoc revenue and cost analyses, which includes the following elements: understanding the question being asked; identify what sources of data are available to support the analysis; analyze the data; develop conclusions based on the data; and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Prepare and automate monthly financial reporting packages for review, including detailed variance explanations of against budget and forecast to understand and effectively communicate performance drivers and impact.
- Create sophisticated Tableau dashboards, joining multiple databases into a user-friendly, all-in-one environment.
- Participate and improve COS/Gross Margin forecasting process across payments products ensuring accuracy and understanding of all fixed/variable contracts, hiring needs, and supporting resources.
- Meet with business line owners monthly on revenue performance, as well as headcount and operating expense planning; be able to communicate drivers and insights in conjunction with recommendations on potential action.
- Support the Quarterly External Audit, preparing any necessary supporting variance analysis for Value Added Payments Revenue and Expenses.
- Utilize our financial forecasting and planning tool, Adaptive Planning, to build and maintain complex, dynamic revenue forecast models that help drive business insights.
- Partner with Accounting to ensure accurate accruals and adherence to accounting policies.
What We’re Looking For
- Business Advocacy + Execution: Results-oriented, objective business advocate; trusted advisor and business partner with the ability to drive business insights, actions, and accountability across departments.
- Financial Analysis: Advanced technical proficiency and exceptional financial analysis capabilities. Has a unique perspective in the measurement of business performance and managing of risk with a view towards creating shareholder value.
- Autonomous: Can work independently and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, yet knows when to ask for help.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication. Knows how to tailor a message based on the audience.
- Detail Orientation: Able to see the big picture and pay attention to detail while striving for accuracy and operational excellence.
- Discretion & Confidentiality: Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact and poise in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Reliability: Consistently follows through on commitments on time, with high quality.
- Collaborative: Can develop and maintain cross-functional business partnerships with professionalism
- Lifelong Learner: Always fostering the continuous development and improvement of your skills and knowledge
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields; MBA Preferred
- 4+ years FP&A experience or equivalent tenure from related positions in corporate finance, accounting, data analytics and at least two years experience in startup or high-growth SaaS company
- Experience working with a SaaS revenue model, related revenue recognition and SaaS metrics desired
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel required; experience with Adaptive Insights, Tableau and other financial systems preferred
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Today our software solutions exist in two verticals including the real estate (AppFolio Property Manager, AppFolio Property Manager PLUS, and AppFolio Investment Manager) and legal (MyCase) industries.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.