Full Time, Exempt
Summary of essential job functions:
Michael Baker Global Services (MBGS), a division of Sallyport, is currently seeking Sr. Financial Analyst to provide business analysis, and financial support to the Specialized Construction project teams. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Serve as a strategic partner to our operating divisions on a wide range of business and financial issues
- Must be able to travel internationally to conduct pre-bid site surveys to understand in-country tax liabilities, branch registration & closeout, banking requirements, etc.
- Will be responsible for reviewing all contract change orders to confirm compliance with corporate overhead, general conditions, in-country tax rates, fringe benefits, daily burn rates, etc.
- Must be able to mentor, educate and instruct MBGS Business Managers on how to effectively setup and manage on site account procedures.
- Must be able to travel internationally to conduct bi-annual financial audits for each project.
- Must be familiar with VAT procedures for recovering costs, i.e., exonerations, reimbursements, exemptions, etc.
- Will work directly with the Pre-Construction Director to develop cash flow projections / needs for all estimates.
- Reconciliation of general ledger and bank accounts
- Prepare, post routine month-end close journal entries on assigned GL accounts
- Prepare and analyze monthly internal financial reports ensuring accuracy and timely reporting
- Must be familiar with EACs and percent complete revenue recognition
- Set up and close general ledger accounts and construction jobs on a monthly basis within Costpoint
- Assist in the monthly revenue recognition process of our construction projects
- Work with corporate accounting for month end close process and responsibilities
- Produce annual budget and monthly forecast update
- Operate as a liaison between the finance/accounting team and the projects and corporate personnel
- Assist the project with providing updated / audited overhead, G&A, fringe,
- Assist with ad hoc reports and special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Work well under pressure and respond to changes in priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently, self-manage workload and remain motivated
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Self-Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Minimum qualifications and education requirements:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 7 years of program finance / business operations experience preferred
- Must have construction or construction-related industry experience
- Extensive use of job cost accounting systems, preferably Costpoint.
- Significant experience with Excel and other financial applications such as budgeting and business intelligence packages (TM1 / Hyperion)
- Comfortable in interacting with all levels of management; approachable with leadership qualities
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP)
- Previous experience with US Government construction clients, i.e., US Army Corps of Engineers, US Dept of State Overseas Building Operations is preferred, but not required.
- A thorough understanding of construction accounting and revenue recognition, the estimating process, overhead allocation methods, and backlog and related organizations
- A strong background for simultaneously managing multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
- Must be able to travel internationally.
Sallyport is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Sallyport is a global provider of a full spectrum of security and mission support solutions tailored to enable global security and stability operations. With over 2,500 employees, Sallyport offers a comprehensive range of global protective, security and mission support solutions to US Government, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of private and commercial clients.
Sallyport's mission is to consistently deliver high quality services with full integrity and focus on performance excellence to every client on every mission.
Know your Customer | Know your People | Know your Business | Know your Math | No Complacency
"Failure is not an option."