This position is part of the Treasury department and reports directly to the Manager of Capital Markets and Compliance. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing, researching, reporting and interpreting complex issues. The Senior Analyst is also responsible for compliance with legal covenants and disclosure requirements related to debt financings. This position requires the skill to interpret, research and evaluate accounting pronouncements and system policies, bond tax regulations; other legal documents related to the bonds and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and bond documents. This position requires advanced knowledge and understanding of the not for profit healthcare industry and the municipal bond market and the ability to apply this knowledge to develop processes to ensure compliance with municipal bond regulations and adherence with bond covenants. This position is also responsible for tracking of bond-financed assets.
- Responsible for the timely remittance of all payment obligations in accordance with agreements related to the bond and swap portfolio
- Prepare quarterly debt compliance report and ratio calculations in accordance to the Master Trust Indenture, Standby Bond Purchase Agreements and other continuing disclosures as required by the bond insurers. Ensure accuracy and timely issuance of compliance reports in accordance to all bond related covenants.
- Monitor bond-financed fixed assets, prepare reimbursement requests, prepare necessary tax schedules to report private use of bond-financed assets, and assist with IRS audits
- Analyze approved corporate budget to determine if proposed assets qualify for bond funding
- Monitors market value of swaps and tracks changes in interest rates. Prepares analysis for management.
- Support Senior Management, Regional and Corporate Associates with data request and analyses.
- Support the Manager, Capital Markets and Compliance with special projects.
- Lead the research of audit issues and questions from internal and external auditors. Implement changes as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare industry highly preferred
- Ability to execute and integrate complex financial analyses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Two to four years of advanced experience in financial and operational analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership in teamwork, special projects, and complex assignments.
- No certification required; but CPA preferred