NIRA Inc. is looking for one Senior Financial/Budget Analyst to support Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in Washington DC.
The individual will provide cost analysis and financial management support for a major FAA program to maintain industry best practices and ensure effective budget formulation and execution practices. He/she needs to demonstrate ability to work within a team to resolve issues and present solutions to senior leadership. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Prepare Program Spend Plans and resource sheet;
- Work with project team members to prepare funding status report or budget analysis in time and provide ad hoc cost reports;
- Prepare and review budget formulation documents, such as 5-Year CIP and Resource Planning Documents;
- Understand FAA Budget Execution and Budget Formulation Process;
- Working with minimal supervision and will have substantial latitude for unsupervised decision and action;
- Completing project deliverables on time at highest level of quality;
- Performing other job-related responsibilities, as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business, Economics, Finance, or related disciplines.
Knowledge and Skills:
Individual should possess minimum 9 Years working experience, must have at least 2 years FAA experience.
- Experience with FAA Budget Formulation process.
- Familiarity with FAA Financial Systems (PRISM, Delphi, and CWP)
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to employ problem solving techniques to unique situations.
- Ability to use information technology to solve business problems.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Prior experience in a management consulting or business advisory position.
- Strong data analysis, program evaluation and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package, which include federal holidays and time off, employer-paid health insurance coverage and a 401 (k) retirement plan with generous employer matching.
Senior Financial Analyst