Senior Financial Auditor - Houston, TX (Job Number: 1904264)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Senior Financial Auditor based in Houston, Texas.
You will be part of a high performing team that solves complex problems while delivering assurance and consulting services for the company globally. Project assignments include financial and operational audits, value-added consulting engagements in areas such as manufacturing, logistics management, procurement and invoicing and/or other compliance and controls related projects as requested by management.
- Execute financial and operational assurance and consulting engagements worldwide
- Develop an understanding of processes, risks and opportunities through research and interviews with subject matter expert employees
- Design and perform data analytics and other procedures to meet engagement objectives
- Develop sound recommendations for improvements to controls and business processes
- Communicate recommendations to all levels of management through presentations and report writing
- Document work performed to support conclusions and recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or other technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.
- 5 years of experience in auditing, consulting, or other relevant financial or operational experience
- Advanced PC skills, including Word and Excel
- Intellectual curiosity and a commitment to personal development
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong technical, analytical and decision making skills
- Professional assertiveness and strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Master’s or advanced degree preferred
- Active CPA or CIA certification
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Must have the ability to travel globally up to 20% of the year on International trips that are 2-3 weeks
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Primary Location: North America-United States-Texas-HOUSTON