Title:Senior Financial Reporting Analysts
Reports To:Financial Reporting & Projects Manager
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst reports directly to the Financial Reporting & Projects Manager and is responsible for financial reporting, accounting projects, financial statement analytics, and annual statutory reporting/filings.This includes supporting the accounting-related projects, providing the analysis for consolidated financial statements, and working across the Company to implement new accounting standards, including assessing the reporting implications and ensuring the availability of requisite information for financial reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and other relevant financial reports
- Perform variance analysis on monthly financial data and document appropriately
- Participates in the preparation of audits and/or regulatory reviews
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for financial reporting and technical accounting throughout the Company to ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC reporting and Section 404 of Sarbanes – Oxley.
- Plan and coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
- Responsible for all stages of the preparation of annual consolidated financial statements, including compilation of related footnotes, coordination and review of supporting materials, impact of recent transactions and new accounting changes.
- Establish processes to standardize financial reporting requirements and the balance sheet review process
- Prepare, and build where necessary, the quarterly finance results package to senior management, including detailed analysis and commentary on balance sheet and income statement data.
- Perform technical accounting consultations and resolution of complex accounting transactions.
- Own technical accounting memos/whitepapers and external reporting implications of complex and/or non-standard transactions.
- Assist with development and communication of corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Supportthe financial close process, including financial reporting activities and variance analysis
- Prepare accurate and timely statutory returns/filings.
- Identify, communicate and perform process improvement projects to enhance reporting and analytics controls and provide efficiencies in the financial reporting process.
- Define, implement, and document adequate and effective processes to improve the financial reporting cycle
- Own and communicate status of Accounting department projects and the department's overall progress, including individual and group training and change management
- Support annual audit process and assist in the development and enhancement of internal control procedures through documentation of procedures and maintenance of worksheet controls.
- Develop and maintain advanced financial reporting and analytical tools via PeopleSoft, Essbase, PeopleSoft Queries and MS Excel Pivot Tables and Macros.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with documentation and updating of financial reporting procedures and controls as needed.
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Any other duties that can be safely performed as requested by management.
- At least 5 years of increasing responsibility in accounting or finance positions,
- expert regarding the financial statement reporting process,
- a sound working knowledge of GAAP, and
- able to understand financial data and how to ensure its integrity.
- Proficient in technical accounting research with an ability to write succinctly
- Working knowledge of SEC reporting and revenue recognition concepts
- Previous financial reporting experience required
- Property/casualty insurance industry experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials preferred
- Experience with finance and accounting system implementations or conversions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- MBA desirable
Certified Public Accountant – CPA desired
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Organized, meets deadlines, ability to prioritize, accountable, maintains focus, manages time well.
- Ability to work independently; motivated.
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to synthesize research into cohesive, supported documentation.
- Innovative, takes initiative, seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively.
- Skilled with computers, uses technology to enhance job performance, learns new tools quickly.
- Adapts to change, open to new ideas and responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to interact with individuals at various levels of the organization and with external contacts.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to confidently and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, from junior staff meetings to presentations at senior leadership meetings and in conversations with the CEO
- Excellent general management, financial management, negotiation, communication, decision-making and human relations skills. Must have built relationships of trust and mutual respect with internal and external partners.
- Strong ability to systematically think through the implications of problems to arrive at sound business solutions
- Makes sound, timely decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment.
- Advanced MS Office skills preferred. Proficient in Excel (experience with pivot tables, data filters and functions).
Six months of training
Degree of Supervision
The individual must be able to perform required job duties independently while working in a diverse team environment. The individual must take direction from the Financial Reporting & Projects Manager.
Background & Drug Testing will be conducted.