We are an exceptional team in pioneering new, people-centric approaches to power the trusted identities required to navigate the physical and cyber worlds with confidence. And we are actively looking for engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals to join our rapidly growing team!
If you want to be part of pioneer players at a company that is changing the world, please read on!
Bluvision, the leader in IoT Indoor Location and Asset Performance solutions as well as BLE Beacon and Gateway hardware is looking for an experienced Firmware Engineer to join our team and help lead the revolution. As a Senior Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for the developing the firmware for our new hardware products and also for existing products as we continue to mature and add new requirements to those products.
Further you will work with both our hardware development, cloud engineering, hardware manufacturing, and product testing teams to ensure that the firmware both meets the stated product objectives and can seamlessly be rolled out to our distribution channels.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and develop embedded firmware for both our BLE beacon and wifi gateway devices.
- Support project initiatives and timelines through collaboration with the rest of the design team.
- coordinate with design team to create and release product requirements, design specifications and design descriptions for assigned designs applicable standards and procedures. Responsible for recording and sharing technical knowledge gained with colleagues. Review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
- Rewrite existing embedded firmware using GO.
- Work with sales, marketing and product management to understand customer requirements and develop applicable PRDs.
- Be able to take concept level ideas and successfully drive to a released product.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with RF technologies including the entirety of the BLE stack and Wifi stack
- Experience with Embedded C, Assembly
- USB, USB OTG and USB drivers
- Go Programming Language
- Broad understanding in analog and digital design along with experience with microcontrollers, antenna and battery technologies.
- Knowledge of full-stack and hardware / software integration.
- Designing / Prototyping / Debugging analog and digital circuits
- PCB design and layout preferred
- You are enthusiastic about your work, results-driven and keen on developing in an agile environment with Kanban and Scrum.
Education and/or Experience
- BSEE, BSCS or relevant degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of overall experience
- Experience with full product lifecycle
- Experience with Atlassian suite: Jira, Confluence, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Familiar with Atlassian Tools such as Jira and Confluence
Highlight knowledge, skills, abilities and traits necessary in this role to satisfy our customer's expectations
- Ability to handle demanding customer facing projects that span multiple departments such as operations, technology, security, and business teams.
- Ability to understand customer needs and success criteria
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in office environments, with in a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at [email protected], to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.