Senior Firmware Storage Validation, Test Engineer for a Global Chip Company in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our Validation Engineers ensure that validation plans efficiently reach high quality goals on aggressive schedules. The collaborative nature of this role requires you to work with teams of validation engineers and contractors across multiple locations (Wichita, Colorado, and India). You may also on occasion travel to OEM facilities for on-site validation interlocks. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, have the ability to apply good judgment and is a strong, self-driven learner who learns new technologies quickly.
- Validate firmware for intelligent storage controllers and expanders with an emphasis on low level FW validation
- Oversee controller firmware validation scripting across sites to include design, coding, and execution of validation scripts.
- Research and implement new, innovative ways of providing thoroughly validated code to customers
- Clearly define validation strategy/plans/cases based on OEM SOW and help execute them based on deep understanding of the features, functions, and SW/FW stack of Avago DCSG Controllers & Expanders
- Help define new automated validation tools and work with our team to efficiently implement
- Establish validation requirements and communicate status and issues via internal issue tracking system, e-mail, conf-calls, and presentations to internal and external customers
- Assist in debug of problems found during test and help drive them to resolution
- Write training procedures and technical papers
Must Have Skillsets:
- BS or MS in EE, CE, or CS and 5+ years of Engineering experience in the Storage Industry
- Excellent experience in the Storage domain (SAS, SATA PCI, etc).
- Experience with system, software, hardware, and/or protocol level validation/development
- Experience validating and delivering high quality code for customers
- Strong technical communications and interpersonal relationship skills
- Proven ability to complete technical projects on time with high quality.
- C/C++ or Scripting languages (e.g. Perl) or experience in Automated Test Tool Development
- Experience with SAS/SATA/SCSI/PCIe protocols, RAID stack, embedded processors, multi-pathing, SAN, Linux/Unix, and/or protocol analyzers/jammer
- Familiarity with SDLC and industry standard validation practices
Location: Colorado Springs, CO (Relocation assistance available)
Type: Direct Hire