Geisinger, a national leader in healthcare innovation and technology, is seeking BC/BE Family Medicine/Internal Medicine/Geriatric Medicine trained physicians for our new "65 Forward" program in northeast Pennsylvania.
At Geisinger, shaping the future of healthcare starts with a robust support system, from implementing ground-breaking programs to utilizing advanced technology, these are just some of the ways we go above and beyond to lead healthcare change. We are proud to give our physicians the innovative tools and support they need to do what they do best - provide exceptional care to our patients age 65+:
- Extended/Frequent visits - 60-minute initial visit, may include all of the following consults: Social Worker, Pharmacist, Community Health Associate, Psychologist, Palliative Care and Nutritionist). 20-minute return visits, once a month.
- Smaller patient panels to better manage your patients needs
- Daily huddles with all members of the care team
- Various wellness activities for patients, including: Exercise classes and various types of yoga, educational seminars, slip and fall prevention classes, arts and crafts, monthly birthday celebrations and seasonal topics, community events, games, healthy cooking, ID theft/senior scams, volunteering and more!
We take pride in the professional and developmental support we provide our physicians:
- Base salary model - Starting base salary of $250,000 (for those with 2 years or less experience; higher for those above 2 years of experience), compensates providers based on quality metrics.
- Recruitment incentive - $100k, paid in lump sum upon start
- Medical school loan repayment - $150k, paid in 4 installments
- Residency/Fellowship stipend - $2,500/month, available up to 18 months prior to graduation
- Geography stipends - Up to $20,000 annual geography stipends guaranteed for the first two years of employment available at specified locations
- Continuing medical education - 15 working days and $3,500 annually
- Teaching opportunities - Available at one of Geisingers four primary care residency programs including: Family medicine, internal medicine and internal medicine/pediatrics. Additional teaching opportunities are available via advanced practice preceptorship, medical student teaching and faculty appointment with the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Benefits - Comprehensive benefits including liability, retirement, relocation and more!
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.