Crane Currency is a fully integrated supplier of secure, durable and well-designed banknotes for central banks all over the world. As the leading security feature developer, Crane has won international acclaim for innovation and product development. We are a pioneer in advanced micro-optics technology for securing banknotes, offering features that do not exist elsewhere. A strong, stable organization with a firm commitment to collaboration and growth, we invite you to join us for a fulfilling career opportunity as a Senior Formulation Engineer.
Leadership is Currency at Crane
In this leadership role, you would be responsible for crafting fluids to be applied in thin precision coatings, exacting requirements with multiple coating, drying and curing techniques. The scope is to identify chemical components, formulate fluids, test against challenging product requirements and collaborate with R&D and Operations teams to develop a robust manufacturing process. The development activity is from lab scale to full scale production processing.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop high-performance formulations and application processes for new products and apply innovation to existing products, bringing technical leadership to multi-discipline teams solving diverse material & process problems.
- Conduct experimental work, analyze and interpret results, document, report and implement.
- Develop laboratory tests to predict performance to downstream processes.
- Collaborate with global R&D teams & Mfg Engineers to optimize processes to meet new product requirements
- Identify risks & implement mitigation strategies to ensure timely completion of successful projects.
- Be an internal technical expert to the organization for coatings.
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or a related field such as Material Science, or Chemistry
- Five to ten years of experience in R&D, or strong technical role in manufacturing with proven technical success in new materials/processes
- Knowledge of slot, mayer rod, flexo printing or gravure coating application
- Additional experience in process development, stage gate process, with functional experience in coating, printing or web processing preferred
- Demonstrated experience in independently defining and executing projects based on defined objectives
- Proficient use of DOE, Design for Six Sigma or statistical tools
- Must have strong communication skills, both written, spoken and delivery of presentations, and the ability to clearly and concisely transfer technical information cross-functionally and to the broader organization with customers, suppliers, fellow researchers, manufacturing and upper management.
Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab