We’re on a mission to disrupt the health and wellness industry by creating and maintaining full control over our own eCommerce brands and products.
We make living a healthy lifestyle simple, but how we do it is a far better story. When we say we create brands, we mean we actually dream them up and turn them into ecommerce sensations by managing everything in house.
We do it all from research & development, manufacturing, design, branding, marketing, media, sales, and customer service, for every brand we create. It may seem like a mouthful, but we don’t want anything to slow us down, hinder our agility, or tarnish our customer experience, and the best way to do that is to do it yourself. We’re not an agency, we don’t have clients, we simply create, manage, and own everything we touch.
The world is evolving fast, and we’re in the driver’s seat. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in San Diego, and because of our amazing culture, we’re featured by Inc. Magazine as one of top 50 Best Workplaces in the country. And this is just the beginning.
• Top 50 Best Workplaces in America 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Inc. Magazine
• Best Places to Work 2016, 2017, & 2018 - San Diego Business Journal
• Top WorkPlaces 2018 - San Diego Union Tribune
About the Position
As a Senior Front-End Web Developer, you will develop the online presence of health and beauty brands, split test proven landing pages, and optimize for the most conversions. From the look and feel of a product, to its dynamic interaction on custom web sites, we are looking for someone that understands it all!
You have a unique combination of skills, talents, and mindset, including:
- 8+ years of experience working in marketing related programming positions
- Have a deep understanding on how to build, inspire and execute brand and direct response marketing across multiple verticals including eCommerce, landing pages, blogs, etc.
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, attentive to deadlines, and an effective time manager
- Excellent communication skills – you should be able to clearly articulate your ideas in a way that resonates with your team
- Eagerness to learn and grow personally and professionally
- Excellent storytelling – being able to bring an idea to life on a whiteboard or presentation is quite important
- Entrepreneurial – We’re still only 1% done at Smashtech – this team is inventing every day and it takes tenacity, bravery and the ability to see the big opportunities to thrive here
- Able to communicate the complexities of code to non-technical people
- Ready to compare your work on a world stage (compare your work to other top sites in terms of performance, design, UI/UX)
- Actively learning new things and sharing it with the team
- Worked in an AGILE environment
- 1-2 yrs Angular 2+ experience
- 2 yrs MVC (model/view/controller) architecture experience
- 4 yrs Object Oriented Programming experience
- 4-6 yrs HTML5 experience
- 4-6 yrs jQuery experience
- 4-6 years CSS experience
- 2-4 yrs Bootstrap experience
- 2-4 yrs TDD (test driven development) experience
- 2-4 yrs Restful API experience
- 2-4 yrs of speed and performance optimization experience
- 2-4 yrs of A/B testing experience
- 2-4 yrs experience of pixel perfect, detail-oriented design
- 2-4 yrs of mobile-first design (examples needed)
- 2-4 yrs wireframing experience
- 2-4 yrs web design experience with perfect execution (portfolio required)
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Version Control Tools (source management tool ie GitKracken or SourceTree)
- Preference in IDE (ie VS Code, Webstorm)
- Agile Development
- Google Analytics
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Code Documentation
- Direct Response & eCommerce
Bonuses that Will Help You Stand Out & Get You Hired:
- Strong Split-Testing Knowledge & Ability to Implement
- Google Analytics Mastery
- A link to your portfolio is strongly preferred
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- Someone who loves creating exciting and innovative websites for products — both large and small.
- You are passionate about leaving your mark on the web and you have an extreme attention to detail. Some of our brands that we’ve built receive millions of visitors per month, so being detail-oriented isn’t just a pixel for you, but one of your genuine qualities.
- You understand mobile vs. desktop websites, landing pages, beautiful design and the best conversion optimization methods.
- What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you’re not afraid to go find solutions to difficult problems that crop up.
- You are easy to work with and never say “That’s not my job.”
What you can expect from us:
Working for a promising company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Work From Home Policy
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Hours
- 401k with 4% Employer Match
- Free Fully Stocked Office Foods, Drinks, and Snacks to keep you fueled all day long
- Free Monthly Parking
- Free Gym Membership to Fit Athletic Club
- Free Catered Lunches on Fridays
- Team and Company Monthly Social Activities
8 Unique Things About Our Office & Our Team
- A gorgeous, custom-built 22,000 square foot office with floor to ceiling glass windows, polished concrete, modern yet chic furnishings, and 360 degree views of the ocean, bay, and balboa park from the highest office in the city.
- We’re conveniently located in Downtown San Diego on the 33rd floor with a bright, dynamic and open office – no walls, no cubicles!
- Awesome environment that includes a 3000 square foot game/recreation/ and team lounge, corn hole, beer pong, ping pong, and complimentary access to Fit Athletic Club
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business through frequent – if not daily – interaction with our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team of mixed personalities and creative minds, who still find time for fun!
- We invest in you with personal and professional development, to provide you the room and tools you need to create and succeed
- And, most importantly, there are no egos, no jerks, no prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration
*Employment is Full-Time in our San Diego, California Office.
Are we a fit? Apply below!